Le Quebecois is back...

Le Québécois

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kiribati one is my favorite. It's my favorite flag in the world, and the design lends itself to a pretty cool crest / background combo.

The Kenya one is neat, again tying in all of the elements from the flag and putting a hockey spin on it.

Barbados isn't bad; I like the triton on the gloves.

philly.png

Bravo on all of these, man. As a jersey buff, history/geography major, and vexillologist (man, that's the second time in the past 2 hours I've used that word - yeow!) I'm really enjoying these. About 3 years ago, I made a bunch of American football concepts for various countries using similar flag-themed designs, but I won't hijack your thread with 'em.

My favorites are Barbados, Brunei, Macedonia, and of course your Kenya-Kiribati one-two punch is your greatest single post in this thread. I'd buy most of these in a heartbeat, but I'd absolutely love that Barbados jersey. I've always liked the Barbadian flag.

The Bahamas, Suriname, Burundi, Dominica, Jamaica, Zimbabwe, Guyana, Panama, Uganda, Togo, Kyrgyztan, and Macao all have rather interesting flags (and most are in your 'unlikely to actually have a team' regions as well) if you're looking for more ideas.

Not the most original flag, but if you wanna go with "99.9% likely never to field a hockey team," I'm gonna go with the Pitcairn Islands.

Awesome work!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I love the Antigua one, esepcially how your incorporated the basic flag design into the sleeves, socks, and gloves. That's one of my favorites (and I love how they and Malawi have the same design, basically).

The Brunei one I can take or leave, but that's another one where I wouldn't be surprised if they had a team.

Not sure what you're cooking up next, but allow me to throw another one that may get your juices flowing -- Dominica.

philly.png

This is quite possibly one of the greatest hockey concept threads ever.

My favourites...

Argentina - Tar Heel blue and white is an awesome colour combination on any jersey. Throw in a little gold accent and you have a thing of beauty.

Kenya - I didn't even notice the hockey sticks until Mr.Portugal pointed it out. Probably unintentional, but the design reminds me of the Montreal Canadiens.

Kiribati - I'm a geography nut and I have no idea where that is, but it's a great job.

Qatar - Only on their jersey would that off-centre jagged design work. Any other country or team and you'd have a worse jersey than the Mooterus.

Suggestion - since you're drawing inspiration from the national flag, why not post the flag along with the concept? Not everybody's a flag geek and can understand where your inspiration comes from.

Request - Libya. I know their flag is just a big sheet of green; that's the point - I want to see what you can do with it.

stoneraizersig.jpg

Kiribati - I'm a geography nut and I have no idea where that is, but it's a great job.

It's in the South Pacific, and at one time straddled the International Date Line. Since 2000, it now is fully over the IDL, and points directly to the South and North are considered to be 24 hours behind.

philly.png

Thank you for all of your great comments. Here's a few more national hockey team we'll probably never see. It's a really fun thread for me and I'll probably post some more in the next days...

Now, here's 4 more....

enjoy!

dominica.png

swaziland.png

timor.png

turkmenistan.png

Wow, Turkmenistan is beautiful. Well done good sir.

espnsignq8.png

Archived