Play-In Game

Jimmy!

32 guaranteed spots for 32 conferences (if you count the independents), and 32 at-large bids. How hard can that be?

But if the independents were guarenteed a spot, they wouldn't be independents -- they'd be a conference. :D

philly.png

There's talk of adding 6 more teams to the tourney next year, adding 3 more "play-in" games. I think that's a great idea, because it lessens the stigma of competing in the play-in game.

In all seriousness, I beleive that there was a proposal circulating that would expand the tourney to 80 teams with the top four seeds in each region each playing the winner of a play-in game.

If that is, in fact, the case, then I propose that all eight play-in games be hosted at one site, four games on Tuesday and four games on Wednesday. The site could rotate each year and the whole extravaganza could be called "Cinderella's Ball" (assuming, of course, that Disney doesn't own the rights to the name Cinderella).

I checked... they not only own the rights to the name Cinderella, they also own the name Yale Hollander.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived