Planned WHA Merger Team Jerseys and NHL Redo

zig

Here's one thing I don't understand about the North Stars move. The Target Center opened in 1990 (at least according to wikipedia), why didn't the North Stars move in there?

If I were to take a stab at it, it probably has awful sightlines in "hockey mode". (I don't know, and I'm pretty sure the AFL team played there, and maybe the Moose as well, so "hockey compatibility" was not an issue.

Maybe the team wanted an arena all by its loneself, or the Target Center was deficient in luxury boxes (no idea honestly).

Nope. Norm Green is the reason. He wanted his own arena. Period. He wanted all the revenue from the lux boxes, he didn't want to share with the TWolves, and he didn't want it downtown. His scorched earth policy was grating to every elected official and to the fans. We don't call him Norm Greed for nothing. Considering when he took over the team just a few years previous he did so under the guise as the man that was going to keep hockey in MN. Everyone realized all along he was a snake looking for dollars and he had the power to take the team. Which he did.

That being said, i like these concepts. I was never a fan of the NStar inside the circle though, and the versions you're using were before they went to the three color drop shadow N.

The red nordiques igloo on a red jersey has to be changed.

That stingers set is sweet as is the cartoon pucky.

keep it up.

I was an old North Stars fan. I loved their logo, but wasn't so fond about it in the circle.

One thing I didn't like about them -- and I mentioned this a long time ago -- was green as their primary color. I thought midnight blue should have been their primary color because ... well ... the night sky in Minnesota is a midnight blue.

I'd like to see a concept with midnight blue as the North Stars' primary color. Unless it was already done and I can't remember it.

Time for the token Winnipeg voice...

The Jets in red? That probably wouldn't have flown in this town...

Is there a reason you used the old logo, as opposed to the more recent one (which, IMHO, is superior in all respects)?

As for the concept series, it ain't bad at all. Good work.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like some of what you have going there. That black Stingers alt, though? That's some crazy Seventies stuff right there. I almost like it, but it looks like a sign on a subway or courthouse.

I like some of what you have going there. That black Stingers alt, though? That's some crazy Seventies stuff right there. I almost like it, but it looks like a sign on a subway or courthouse.

That's what I like about it, It's got a retro look without being garish like the Houston Astros or Denver Nuggets old looks.

the stars are in a better place?

are you on drugs?

minnesota is the land of hockey. when they were ROBBED of the stars it killed that community.

Has the community not flourished with the presence of the Wild?

The reason I say the Stars are in a better place now is because they weren't being supported in Minnesota, they have a better arena in Dallas, and they have a better owner now. This is a classic case of not knowing what you have until it's gone. The franchise itself has grown to proportions that would not have been capable with Norm Green as their owner.

I personally think it's ironic that Norm Green is responsible for successful franchises in both cities. By him leaving Minnesota, the Twin Cities learned what it was like to be without the NHL and totally embraced the Wild. Meanwhile he brought hockey to football country and it is successful, moreso than what anyone predicted.

usa-sm.giffinland-sm.gifstars1-sm.gifdall1-sm.gif

Has the community not flourished with the presence of the Wild?

The reason I say the Stars are in a better place now is because they weren't being supported in Minnesota, they have a better arena in Dallas, and they have a better owner now. This is a classic case of not knowing what you have until it's gone. The franchise itself has grown to proportions that would not have been capable with Norm Green as their owner.

I personally think it's ironic that Norm Green is responsible for successful franchises in both cities. By him leaving Minnesota, the Twin Cities learned what it was like to be without the NHL and totally embraced the Wild. Meanwhile he brought hockey to football country and it is successful, moreso than what anyone predicted.

The Stars are still going to move back to Minneapolis after their vacation is over so we can have good cross town rivalry... I think Minnesota can support 2 NHL teams...

I am delusional. I am aware of it and it's not that much of a problem.

Archived