Ottawa Senators red or black in RBK Edge?

Legion

Wouldn't the Sens red swoosh pattern "go" with the RBK Edge design better than the other two? The reds don't have the traditional horizontal striping that apparently is difficult to incorporate in the new style jerseys coming in next season.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't the Sens red swoosh pattern "go" with the RBK Edge design better than the other two? The reds don't have the traditional horizontal striping that apparently is difficult to incorporate in the new style jerseys coming in next season.

Huh? Who said that? Teams with Horizontal stripes will be able to keep their stripes next year if they choose to. This has been discussed and beaten to death a thousand times. Where's the Beating a dead horse emote when you need it...

What people fail to realize about the RBK EDGE jersey is that the only essential differences between it and the current NHL jerseys is the material is different and the sleeves are going to be less baggy (that and the NHL shield is moving to the bottom of the collar instead of the tail of the jersey). That's it. It's been mentioned many many times that any team's jerseys could be put onto the EDGE template without any problem at all if the teams chose to do so, and most of them are.

Besides, isn't Dallas supposed to be going to a more traditional look with horizontal stripes and such next year?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Be prepared for screen printed crests on a single layer of tackle twill that's sewn on in their ridiculous quest to trim ounces. The all star jerseys are a sign of the impending doom in that regard. Apparently embroidery is heavy and absorbs too much water.

What people fail to realize about the RBK EDGE jersey is that the only essential differences between it and the current NHL jerseys is the material is different and the sleeves are going to be less baggy (that and the NHL shield is moving to the bottom of the collar instead of the tail of the jersey). That's it. It's been mentioned many many times that any team's jerseys could be put onto the EDGE template without any problem at all if the teams chose to do so, and most of them are.

Besides, isn't Dallas supposed to be going to a more traditional look with horizontal stripes and such next year?

I do realize that the RBK Edge jerseys are a slimmer cut and made of different material. Yet many teams are supposedly using this opportunity to redesign their uniforms (Dallas perhaps being one of them). I realize some will merely "tweak" than redesign entirely (which is what I would guess a team like Toronto would do) but I wonder if the some of the traditional patterns simply don't look as good on the Edge and thus some teams will move away from horizontal striping. No doubt Montreal, Detroit, Chicago, NY Rangers, etc. will keep their current look.

This is what I meant about Ottawa's red swooshes- they might just fit the overall appearance of an Edge jersey better than the black laurel leaves pattern.

If alternate jerseys are out and Ottawa has to choose red or black...I'm likely in the minority but I've always liked Ottawa's reds- they are distinctive from the many other red/black teams.

Redden.jpg

The screen-printed logos are ONLY going to be on the cheaper replica jerseys. The actual authentic jerseys will the use embroidered logos.

Also, how are any of the traditional striping patterns going to look different on an Edge jersey? The only thing noticable is that they will appear a bit tighter on the players (like they used to in the 1940's). Yes, there are several teams changing their jerseys (with Dallas and apparently Boston going with a much more traditional look), however a majority of them are still keeping theirs without tweaking.

I do agree with you about the Sens red jersey. Of the three they have, it's me favorite.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The screen-printed logos... I wonder if that is similar to one jersey I have that I found for 1 buck at a thirft store.. will snap that pic and show ya later if I can... it's a Kamloops Blazers blue jersey... will show the pic in here asap...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

probably been mentioned before, but I wouldn't doubt that the sens red "swoosh" jerseys were designed to sort of emulate a toga being worn by a roman senator.

and on that note, they really need to have some stability with thier identity by unifying thier home and road sets and relegating the forward facing senator to alternate status rather than having it as a primary on thier home jersey.

probably been mentioned before, but I wouldn't doubt that the sens red "swoosh" jerseys were designed to sort of emulate a toga being worn by a roman senator.

and on that note, they really need to have some stability with thier identity by unifying thier home and road sets and relegating the forward facing senator to alternate status rather than having it as a primary on thier home jersey.

I don't know about the swoosh looking like a toga (somehow I don't think so!) but I do agree that the home and road sets should be unified. A white version of the swoosh pattern might look good.

I think they'll go with the design of their current alt in both black and white options:

There's an idea I can totally get behind, as that alt is completely awesome.

I would be 100% behind a Red version and a White version. Put everything else in the past. Oh and use the Alt senator logo and the maple leaf with the peace tower on it as the alt logo.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I don't know about the swoosh looking like a toga (somehow I don't think so!) but I do agree that the home and road sets should be unified. A white version of the swoosh pattern might look good.

Did a concept for that and it did look pretty good. It was one of my first posts in the concepts.

The problem with a white swoosh jersey is it's to plain-looking. The current red swoosh sweater has a lot of "blank" space, ie space that's not taken up by striping or logos. Since the jersey itself is red, it's not a problem. A white version, however, would look "empty."

I agree that the swoosh idea is a good one, the similarities to the toga, already pointed out, make for a genius jersey design for a Roman-themed team.

It's just that the way it's executed it won't work as a white jersey. The swoosh jersey is best left as an alternate sweater.

IMO the Senators should go with something along these lines:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/IC79...egular/OtS2.png

Sorry for the lack of an Edge template, I haven't gotten around to converting all my concepts to them yet.

Barber pole? Are you people serious? That looks absolutely ridiculous.

Which is why it is so cool.

Though personally I like it because it looks like a rugby uniform.

heh, most teams that use barberpole striping can and have pulled it off nicely (Seattle Mets, original Senators, 67s, Adelaide Crows til last year, St. Kilda).

my opinon on next year: the laurel striped thirds become home, make a white version, finally make the 3D Senator the main logo, and finally I hope for the death of the flat centurion. the flat one's the White Castle of logos-vastly overrated piece of crap.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Barber pole? Are you people serious? That looks absolutely ridiculous.

Courtesy of Gordie...

Barberpole.gif

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The problem with a white swoosh jersey is it's to plain-looking. The current red swoosh sweater has a lot of "blank" space, ie space that's not taken up by striping or logos. Since the jersey itself is red, it's not a problem. A white version, however, would look "empty."

I agree that the swoosh idea is a good one, the similarities to the toga, already pointed out, make for a genius jersey design for a Roman-themed team.

It's just that the way it's executed it won't work as a white jersey. The swoosh jersey is best left as an alternate sweater.

Sorry for the lack of an Edge template, I haven't gotten around to converting all my concepts to them yet.

Switch the colours of the striping on the white jersey so the black is red and the red is black, and that'd look sweet. Barberpole alt couldn't hurt either. :P

Alternate jerseys are apparently out, so thus the Sens have to choose. While I personally really like the Sens reds, I could get behind the blacks and that pattern on the whites- it would unify their look. Thanks for the white laurel leaf concept, would love to see all 3 shirts on the Edge template.

Archived