Caps alt

commander cody13

I like the modernized logo. but the word Washington doesn't really need to be there. It's almost impossible to read, and it doesn't really add much to the logo. I'm not too fond of the fact that the colours on the secondary aren't found in the jerseys or other logo.

I like the number font, a big improvement over what they have, but I'd go with a white number outlined in red, and put the name in white.

I'm not too fond of the striping. I think you can go a little more modern with it, to go with your logo.

All in all, there are some things I would change, but I see a lot of potential here. Good work.

Nice attempt, but in all honesty, the Capitals' hockey stick logo is in the same exact category as the ball-in-glove logo. No matter how much you modernize it, it's still a generic logo that can be used by any team with a T in the name, and not so cleverly tries to uses the sport's equipment as a redundant focal point.

In terms of the jersey itself, for one, the alternate eagle logo shouldn't have bronze in it if there's no bronze anywhere else. Also, the striping is a little plain. Maybe try to stylize it a little bit.

VmWIn6B.png

When I saw the phrase "retro modern" in the topic, I was a little worried, but, I like these. I think the logo writing needs to be bigger, but I like the shoulder patch, and I do like the modernization. Sleeve stripes look excellent.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Nice attempt, but in all honesty, the Capitals' hockey stick logo is in the same exact category as the ball-in-glove logo. No matter how much you modernize it, it's still a generic logo that can be used by any team with a T in the name, and not so cleverly tries to uses the sport's equipment as a redundant focal point.

At least the Capitals' stick logo could only be used by a team named "Capitals", and there are only 62 cities in North America where that name makes even a little sense. Much less generic than a baseball glove with the letters MB. What I've never understood is how a team with an L in its name managed to take a piece of equipment that naturally looks like an L and use it instead of the letter T. Every time I see that old logo, I ask myself, "What the heck is a Capilal?"

20082614447.png

man, i really hate the fact that they planted the name as the logo into peoples heads. i dont like it, its not a logo, its the name of the team stylized...its not your fault. i like the jersey itself, the font is nice, the color of the jersey works...but just not the logo. again, not your fault.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived