March Madness 2007

bterreson

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, let me ask a question to those of you watching CBS's coverage today. Are your local affiliates running a periodic crawl to advise people that The Price is Right and The Bold and the Beautiful are being preempted for tournament coverage and will return on Monday with no episodes missed? KMOV is doing that here in St. Louis. Seems to me that the kind of people who are regular daytime TV watchers are probably already well-enough informed to realize why their shows aren't on. I guess there are enough shut-ins and decrepit Bob Barker groupies who are placing angry calls to the station to justify running the crawl here in the St. Louis metro area.

Well, Stanford his getting their ass handed to them by Louisville.

Not that it would have helped them, but I really felt Stanford should have gotten a lower seed.. they were a team "on the bubble" and they got an 11 seed.. oh well.

Yeah, a six seed in the NIT is what the Cardinal deserved.

Snap, BC and Washington St. won, but I'm great so far other than those.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I must say this has been one of the least exciting opening days of the tournament in recent year. Not many if any close games down the stretch. Plus it hurts that I'm not living in an area with crappy college basketball teams that don't make the tournament (like NYC). So far are three games here have been local DC area school and thus CBS can't switch out to a closer game.

I must say this has been one of the least exciting opening days of the tournament in recent year. Not many if any close games down the stretch. Plus it hurts that I'm not living in an area with crappy college basketball teams that don't make the tournament (like NYC). So far are three games here have been local DC area school and thus CBS can't switch out to a closer game.

Plus Syracuse isn't in. The whole things feels illegitimate.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think the committee didn't put Syracuse in just because Boheim was bitching on how they should expand the tournament.

I think the committee didn't put Syracuse in just because Boheim was bitching on how they should expand the tournament.

I think we can all agree SU didn't make it for some stupid reason that had nothing to do with the team's wins and losses.

By the way, every year I pick a Bob Knight team to win based on his tournament experience, and every year I'm disappointed. It's my only blemish on an otherwise perfect bracket.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Congratulations to Washington State, their first NCAA tournament victory in twenty-three years I believe.

6 conference losses and a 23-10 record, and just barely beat Southern Alabama by 6.

Yeah, its the worst snubbing in NCAA history. :rolleyes:

I don't care how powerful your conference is, how much big money is tied to your school and how closely tied you are to Nike clothing marketing endeavors, but if you can only rank sixth place in your conference, and could not get past the quarterfinals in your conference tournament, you should expect that you might get snubbed. At least it shouldn't be a shock, and its certainly not some outrageous offense to humanity.

I'm a Huge fan of Stanford and to see them get crushed is Dishearting,partly the reason they lost is Louisville with the home court adavantage,being only 70 miles away and stanford 2400 miles away,no matter how good your are,your not gonna beat Louisville playing a home game,the committie messed up there and other places too :(

fluff THE DODGERS

GO GIANTS

I BLEED ORANGE AND BLACK

fluff THE COWBOYS AND RAIDERS

GO 49ERS

fluff CAL BEARS

GO STANFORD

Old Dominion, Oral Roberts, Texas Tech, Davidson picks all wrong, man, am I sure good at picking brackets or what? :)

Looking forward to the Marquette/Michigan State game, I'm hoping Marquette can put a solid effort together and at least advance to the 2nd round.

Archived