March Madness 2007

bterreson

I must say this has been one of the least exciting opening days of the tournament in recent year. Not many if any close games down the stretch. Plus it hurts that I'm not living in an area with crappy college basketball teams that don't make the tournament (like NYC). So far are three games here have been local DC area school and thus CBS can't switch out to a closer game.

The afternoon session might have lacked some drama, but as we've seen in years past, the night sessions (especially the late games) usually bring out the upsets and dramatic finishes. #2 Iowa State losing to Hampton, #3 UNC losing to Weber State, and Maryland's half-court, game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer, etc., all took place late in the night in years past....

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Huge fan of Stanford and to see them get crushed is Dishearting,partly the reason they lost is Louisville with the home court adavantage,being only 70 miles away and stanford 2400 miles away,no matter how good your are,your not gonna beat Louisville playing a home game,the committie messed up there and other places too :(

Damn straight they did, although not in the way you're thinking... :rolleyes:

For the record, they played in Rupp Arena, home of Louisville's uber-arch rivals Kentucky; folks there hate Louisville. Pitino said that they actually only had a couple of hundred tickets for Louisville people at this game, because OSU fans bought most of them. But sure, go ahead...blame the home court advantage, and ignore the fact that...

1) Stanford was overseeded

2) Stanford is a 3 seed in the NIT at best talent wise

3) Louisville would have choke slammed Stanford in Palo Alto

4) Teams with fewer than 20 wins had no business getting at larges this year (104 20-win teams?!, and you do that?!)

EDIT-Only have blown Old Dominion thus far (and yes, they were in my sweet 16)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Congratulations to Washington State, their first NCAA tournament victory in twenty-three years I believe.

Plus Syracuse isn't in. The whole things feels illegitimate.

6 conference losses and a 23-10 record, and just barely beat Southern Alabama by 6.

Yeah, its the worst snubbing in NCAA history. :rolleyes:

I don't care how powerful your conference is, how much big money is tied to your school and how closely tied you are to Nike clothing marketing endeavors, but if you can only rank sixth place in your conference, and could not get past the quarterfinals in your conference tournament, you should expect that you might get snubbed. At least it shouldn't be a shock, and its certainly not some outrageous offense to humanity.

Can you learn how to use the quote button please?

Anyway, Syracuse is Georgetown's only loss in the past six weeks (and by 20, no less), plus Syracuse finished tied with Marquette (who they beat in Milwaukee) and ahead of Nova, yet those two teams are in. Based on the numbers, that doesn't make any sense.

I realize the argument is pointless and dilatory, but I reserve the right to be pissed. Especially when Stanford (Stanford!) got trounced today and Illinois is soon to lose just as badly. What a freakin' rip.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Congratulations to Washington State, their first NCAA tournament victory in twenty-three years I believe.

Screw Waz-Spew! They took out my upset in the East.

While I am at it, Screw Butler! They took out one of my Cinderellas.

You know its been a dull day when CBS is hailing a 9 over a 8 as A MASSIVE UPSET!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

First day observations:

Good for VCU. Someone from the CAA didn't apple up. Obviously the bigger story there is Duke losing, but in order for Duke to go down, the Rams from Virginia Commonwealth had to step up.

Cardinals (plural birds) are better than Cardinal (singular color). Both teams can at least say they're better than Brian Cardinal.

DC versus Nashville winds up being a 1-1 tie, with the Hoyas trouncing Belmont, but the Commodores absolutely obliterating G-Dub.

Friday brings the all-Wildcat 8-9 game, potentially Tubby Smith's last with Big Blue.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

With Gonzaga I'm damned if I pick them, damned if I don't.

Them and BYU are my only screw ups so far. After VCU's win I thought I'd be perfect for a day, then I wake up this morning and see what I see.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Hardy-har-har. I'd expect nothing less from someone who sticks up for the country bumpkins who live on the Palouse.

I saw the Texas A&M-Corpus Christi/Wisconsin score on Sportsline and I thought it was a typo... Then again, I have the Islanders winning this game. Sure makes me feel better that my LBSU/Albany game is gonna go kaput rather quickly.

Archived