March Madness 2007

bterreson

Down goes Maryland! Down goes Maryland!

That game made me sick. That was not a foul on Strawberry. Why call the final timeout before those last free throw attempts? Have to prevent the three point shot and make 3's but that haven't done that all year.

This day can't get any worse. After having my flight home canceled and then having to deal with trying to get through to US Airways for 5-6 hours this is the last thing I wanted to watch when sitting down to watch my school play.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GIG 'EM!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Damn you Louisville! And my national champion is currently down by 4...Good times... <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Annnd Pittsburgh is currently remembering that it is March and that its time to gag away a lead...

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! I had Louisville AND Washington State in the Elite 8, and now my brackets are pretty much done for. Just like every year. My Final 4 is still alive, but now that the rest of the bracket is ruined, I'll be cheering for the Hoosiers to take out UCLA (one of my Final 4's) and win it all so at least something good can happen this tourney!

...Hey, a man can dream, can't he? :P

espnsig.gif

Dynamite!

And for those picking WSU and Louisville to win I point and laugh at you all! :P

For the record, Maryland is the only Sweet 16 team of mine to fall so far. Completely Clueless Competitive Contemplation indeed!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Down goes Maryland! Down goes Maryland!

That game made me sick. That was not a foul on Strawberry.

That call was horrible. If anything it was a blocking foul on Butler. It's so frustrating knowing that we were better than Butler, but just couldn't get it done (especially on the free throw line). But at least it was nice to be back in the tournament (too bad next year might be a question mark with D.J., MJ, and EI gone).

Well, at least all of my Elite 8 are still alive.

Only have 12 Sweet 16 teams alive though. :evil:

Today, we are all otaku.

13 of 16 Sweet teams left, all of my Elite Eight left. Awesome. And but for the last two minutes, my flyer on Michigan State worked out too.

Ducks at 3pm/noon west coast tomorrow. Winthrop hasn't a chance. If they try and play up-tempo they're going to get steamrolled. Ducks in Elite Eight, watch out Gators.

harperdc.gif

I've tossed in the towel on this bracket, but I went 7-for-8 on my second round picks in my money pool yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty good about that one.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived