March Madness 2007

bterreson

I lost more games in round 2 (9-7) than I did in round 1 (26-6). You figure it out.

6 of my elite 8 are still alive. Villanova and Wisconsin, thanks for nothing.

And my beloved Commodores, as a 6 seed, are the lowest remaining seed left in the sweet 16. One of those ESPN schmucks (either Andy Katz or Doug Gottlieb) insisted that Vandy was overseeded. So much for that argument ...

UNLV says hello.

Duly noted. My Vanderbilt education did not kick in on the first post.

I still maintain my beliefs on the ESPN blowhards.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas youth and lack of big game experience absolutely showed up today. I had no delusions of grandeur about the Longhorns, but I thought they might go a step or two further. Congrats SC.

I don't think UT is Durant and a bunch of nobodies, allthough it looked like it today. A.J. Abrams is a solid player and D.J. Augustin is a stud in his own right (except today). Durant's likely exodus to the NBA will be hell to overcome.

newsig.jpg

ah, my bracket is shredded. Thanks UT!

at least it was by a Pac-10 team. the warm embrace of homerism (11/11, 7/7 3pt, 32 pts, BRYCE TAYLOR IS A MAN, suck it Trojans) is the only thing giving me solace right now. Let me enjoy the moment.

speaking of which, Digger Phelps, keep disrespecting Oregon (first picking Winthrop, now thinking UNLV can BEAT US AT OUR OWN GAME); we'll just keep on winning. I think I can live with that as a pattern of events. Fear Tajuan Porter's screwed up left ear AND his three ball, Runnin' Rebs fans. You'll learn to hate both rather quickly.

harperdc.gif

speaking of which, Digger Phelps, keep disrespecting Oregon (first picking Winthrop, now thinking UNLV can BEAT US AT OUR OWN GAME); we'll just keep on winning. I think I can live with that as a pattern of events. Fear Tajuan Porter's screwed up left ear AND his three ball, Runnin' Rebs fans. You'll learn to hate both rather quickly.

As long as he can pronounce Oregon's name correctly, unlike one of the guys calling the Winthrop game. That bugged me.

usd-sig.png

And somehow, someway, I'm in first after the first weekend.

Texas is out, but 3 of my Final Four are in. Usually when I'm in a situation like this, I manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Meanwhile, in my money pool, I'm in 4th out of 42 after the weekend. Winning money would be nice.

philly.png

UNLV and SIU to the Elite 8, you heard it here first folks! If not, then I pretty much fall back in line with everyone else.

UNLV and SIU to the Final 4.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Ya, so my hunch that durant could take texas to the champ. game didnt workout well. I think i got 10 outta 16 teams right.... ouch.

Next year though, Ill have the perfect bracket to make up for it.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Well I have Florida in all my Brackets. To be the man you gotta beat the man.

I do think Kansas is playing above everyone else right now. I'm not being a homer.

Unlike most Kansas fans, I can look at the team objectively. Most KU fans are arrogant & obnoxious........

Cue yh.

50% of the teams in the SEC East are in the Sweet 16. That's pretty impressive.

The SEC East's 5th-place team had the same record as the 1st-place team in the SEC West.

Had Georgia beaten Florida in the SEC Tournament, all the SEC's reps would have come from the Eastern Division, with Georgia taking Arkansas' spot.

The SEC East's 5th-place team had the same record as the 1st-place team in the SEC West.

Had Georgia beaten Florida in the SEC Tournament, all the SEC's reps would have come from the Eastern Division, with Georgia taking Arkansas' spot.

...and poor South Carolina would have been all alone.

And isn't UGA still in the NIT? I thought I heard something to that effect.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

...and poor South Carolina would have been all alone.

And isn't UGA still in the NIT? I thought I heard something to that effect.

UGA lost Monday night at the Air Force Academy by like 30 points.

UGA's program has come a long way from the disaster it was two years ago.

Future Division I Men's NCAA Tournament Sites

Final Four: San Antonio

East Regional: Charlotte

West Regional: Phoenix

Midwest Regional: Detroit

South Regional: Houston

First/Second Round Sites: Anaheim, Denver, Omaha, Washington D.C., Birmingham, Little Rock, Raleigh, Tampa

Final Four: Detroit

East Regional: Boston

West Regional: Glendale

South: Memphis

Midwest: Indianapolis

First/Second Round: Philadelphia, Greensboro, Kansas City, Portland, Dayton, Miami, Minneapolis, Boise

Final Four: Indianapolis

Midwest Regional: St. Louis

West Regional: Salt Lake City

East Regional: Syracuse

First/Second Round: Providence, New Orleans, San Jose, Spokane, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Oklahoma City, Milwaukee

Phoenix to Glendale? Really moving that West Regional around, aren't they?

Also, will this be the first time Dayton has hosted first and second round games since the advent of the opening round game? I would hope they would consider placing the #1 seed there so the winner of the OR game doesn't have to fly somewhere else for their first round game.

(Yes, I ignored all the hyphens. It was just easier. And, geeze guys, it's just a message board. :P)

Future Division I Men's NCAA Tournament Sites

Final Four: San Antonio

East Regional: Charlotte

West Regional: Phoenix

Midwest Regional: Detroit

First/Second Round Sites: Anaheim, Denver, Omaha, Washington D.C., Birmingham, Little Rock, Raleigh, Tampa

Final Four: Detroit

East Regional: Boston

West Regional: Glendale

South: Memphis

Midwest: Indianapolis

First/Second Round: Philadelphia, Greensboro, Kansas City, Portland, Dayton, Miami, Minneapolis, Boise

Final Four: Indianapolis

Midwest Regional: St. Louis

West Regional: Salt Lake City

East Regional: Syracuse

First/Second Round: Providence, New Orleans, San Jose, Spokane, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Oklahoma City, Milwaukee

Phoenix to Glendale? Really moving that West Regional around, aren't they?

Also, will this be the first time Dayton has hosted first and second round games since the advent of the opening round game? I would hope they would consider placing the #1 seed there so the winner of the OR game doesn't have to fly somewhere else for their first round game.

(Yes, I ignored all the hyphens. It was just easier. And, geeze guys, it's just a message board. :P)

No NEWARK :cursing:

I demand NCAA Tournament Games at the Prudential Center

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

w00t - hopefully I'll be around in '09 to catch games at the Rose Garden. That would own. Finally able to host...

and in Glendale, is that going to be Univ. of Phoenix Stadium? That'd be kinda weird. Not as weird as Ford Field hosting the final four, though...

harperdc.gif

w00t - hopefully I'll be around in '09 to catch games at the Rose Garden. That would own. Finally able to host...

and in Glendale, is that going to be Univ. of Phoenix Stadium? That'd be kinda weird. Not as weird as Ford Field hosting the final four, though...

I would assume Jobing.com arena. UoP Stadium seems way too big for a regional, no?

Archived