What player to get?

spyboy1

I have a Tampa Bay black jersey and want to know what you guys think about who I should get put on it.

The jersey has been the same (as far as I know) since their first season of 92-93, but they've had no less than four different fonts for the numbers. The second year they used an italicized version of their first year font. In the third year they went to the paintbrush numbers and then changed to the boring block font the year they wore thier 10th Anniversary patch.

Since I like to patch my jerseys whenever possible, keep in mind your choice almost certainly has to come from;

92-93 (stanley cup 100th)

97-98 (Cullen Shamrock)

98-99 (1999 All-Star)

99-00 (NHL 2000)

01-02 (10th Anniversary)

03-04 (Stanley Cup Finals)

Keep in mind I already have a Khabibulin with the 2004 Stanley Cup Finals patch. When I first got it, I was leaning toward the paintbrush number font that was used from 94-95 to 99-00.

I'm interested to hear what you think who are standout players from Tampa's illustrious history.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'd be going with a Wendel Clark '99 jersey with the All-star patch. THough, Wendel was huge in the GTA before leaving, so I'm partially skewed. I'd personally love to find a Blue alt from that year with Wendel on it.

He stands out to me mostly because he played in the ASG that season. Prior to him no Lightning player other than Darren Puppa stands out to me. (Maybe Renberg and Gratton, or Zamner even)

Just a few idea off the top of my head.

Darcy Tucker, I just love the way the guy plays, you get to use the paint stroke numbers and throw on the Cullen Shamrock.

Dino Ciccarelli (sweet name) also comes to mind, another case of the paint stroke numbers and the Cullen Shamrock.

You could go with a young Vinny Lecavalier from the 99-00 season, in which he wore number 8 and ASG patch.

And finally, Corey Schwab played for them duing the 96-99 campaings, so again the Cullen Shamrock, and while he's a homer pick (he's the goalie coach on my team) that #32 does look cool in the paint stroke numbers.

SEAsig.png

Go all the way back to Day One - get a #16 Chris Kontos jersey. The guy had four goals in the Lightning's 7-3 trouncing of the defending Wales Conference champs the Chicago Blackhawks.

Go all the way back to Day One - get a #16 Chris Kontos jersey. The guy had four goals in the Lightning's 7-3 trouncing of the defending Wales Conference champs the Chicago Blackhawks.

You beat me to Kontos. Either him or Darren Puppa, but their first playoff year was '95-'96.

Bob Beers, #2, 92-93. The awesome 3D font, either italic or not. If not, Stanley Cup 100th.

Just because. :D

(But, really, he should have worn 6.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

If I were you, go with Vinny Lecavalier (been a Bolt since 1998) with the NHL 2000 patch. I'd wear one like that

That was my first thought. That gets me the paintbrush font, which I don't have on my other three Lightning jerseys and a patch as well. Not an exciting patch, but the only one that works for that font.

There's only one answer here:

Manon Rheaume (with the Stanley Cup 100th patch)

:D

Winner! I was wondering who would be the first to suggest her. That also gets me a patch and a drop-shadowed font, which I love, but sadly not the italic version, which kicks major ass. :hockeysmiley:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Campbell Conference, Philistine!

BTW, Brian Bradley. Bolt's first captain.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Campbell Conference, Philistine!

BTW, Brian Bradley. Bolt's first captain.

My God, how embarassing. Chalk it up to old age.

And I'm a Cretin, not a Philistine, thank you very much.

My God, how embarassing. Chalk it up to old age.

And I'm a Cretin, not a Philistine, thank you very much.

OK, Cretin.

BTW, on another forum recently I was called an idiot and a cretin in the same post. You should aim to reach such lofty heights also.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Darcy Tucker, I just love the way the guy plays

AARGH! NO! Not, "Diving" Darcy Tucker! With as many ex-Winter Hawks you have in your signature, you can not be supporting the ex-Kamloops agitator.

Actually you can. I'm just giving you crap. B)

Back to the topic at hand, I'd suggest Jason Wiemer -- the man who scored the first playoff goal in Lightning history. The cool thing is that you could go with #9 in the original funky font, #9 in the paintbrush font, or #24 in the paintbrush font. More options than you could deke a d-man with...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Darcy Tucker, I just love the way the guy plays

AARGH! NO! Not, "Diving" Darcy Tucker! With as many ex-Winter Hawks you have in your signature, you can not be supporting the ex-Kamloops agitator.

Actually you can. I'm just giving you crap. B)

Back to the topic at hand, I'd suggest Jason Wiemer -- the man who scored the first playoff goal in Lightning history. The cool thing is that you could go with #9 in the original funky font, #9 in the paintbrush font, or #24 in the paintbrush font. More options than you could deke a d-man with...

Touche sir, although I've gotta admit I'm too young to know any better, I only made it to one Hawks game over the years...I think its come down to the fact my parents didn't love me the way they should have! I would say Darcy's game has become more legitimagte over the years. Its more the fact how he gets into the corners, etc, ala Adam Deadmarsh, if that makes sense.

Anyway, the Manon Rheaume idea is killer. I dont think they get any more obscure.

SEAsig.png

This one might not be as appealing as some of the rarer recommendations, but you asked for standout players, so I'll suggest Conn Smythe Trophy winner Brad Richards, and leave the year up to you. :grin:

I'll second Zero's mention of Rob Zamuner, as well.

Something, something

Funny how you guys are bringing back the Buckaroos logo this weekend. Horse on skates? How hard was it to get Gordichuk to pose for the picture? :D

Sadly, our jerseys will look almost nothing like the Totems jerseys actually did back then. I'm still getting one, though.

Edit: To stay on topic, how could you pick against this?

manon_r4.jpg:wub:

Something, something

Funny how you guys are bringing back the Buckaroos logo this weekend. Horse on skates? How hard was it to get Gordichuk to pose for the picture? :D

Sadly, our jerseys will look almost nothing like the Totems jerseys actually did back then. I'm still getting one, though.

Edit: To stay on topic, how could you pick against this?

manon_r4.jpg:wub:

Holy cow, I forgot about her. She backstopped what, like one game? She's gorgeous though, what's her name again?

Back to topic, I'd go with an early Lecavalier, with the brushstroke font and #8. Is that when he wore the C?

Archived