What player to get?

spyboy1

Something, something

Funny how you guys are bringing back the Buckaroos logo this weekend. Horse on skates? How hard was it to get Gordichuk to pose for the picture? :D

Sadly, our jerseys will look almost nothing like the Totems jerseys actually did back then. I'm still getting one, though.

Edit: To stay on topic, how could you pick against this?

manon_r4.jpg:wub:

Holy cow, I forgot about her. She backstopped what, like one game? She's gorgeous though, what's her name again?

Back to topic, I'd go with an early Lecavalier, with the brushstroke font and #8. Is that when he wore the C?

Manon Rheaume and she played in 2 pre-season games for the Lightning in 92-93.

I still remember those old Tony Roma's commercials she did. Weird to have someone with a French accent try to sell you ribs but it got me to convince my mom to go there.

Go all the way back to Day One - get a #16 Chris Kontos jersey. The guy had four goals in the Lightning's 7-3 trouncing of the defending Wales Conference champs the Chicago Blackhawks.

Chicago was the defending Campbell Champs

If its the dark i'd go with Andreychuk and the '04 finals patch

White Lecavillier and his original #8 jersey (paintbrush)

or #49 Brent Gretzky (that would be a rare one)

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Back to topic, I'd go with an early Lecavalier, with the brushstroke font and #8. Is that when he wore the C?

Lecavalier wore #8 his rookie year and did not wear the "C" yet.

you, sir, have only one option that would maximize the hotness...Daren Puppa, big 93!

The main problem with Puppa is having the name "Puppa" on my jersey. I've decided against jerseys in the past just because I didn't want to have to explain the werid name to strangers. Like "Schlutt". "Puppa" just isn't going to happen. Ewwwwww. Gross.

This one might not be as appealing as some of the rarer recommendations, but you asked for standout players, so I'll suggest Conn Smythe Trophy winner Brad Richards, and leave the year up to you. :grin:

If I ever get a Richards, I'd put the Cup Finals patch on it and sell the Khabibulin in a heartbeat. I've got other Conn Smythe winner jerseys, Roy, Sakic, Niewendyk, Yzerman, etc. and it would fit my collection beautifully.

As for some other ideas, I also already have a Alternate storm jersey with the Cullen patch and #16 Tucker on it in the eclectric font and another Alternate Storm jersey with the 99 All-Star game patch and Lecavalier #8 in the paintbrush font.

For some reason, in Lecavalier's rookie year, they started the year with the paintbrush font on the alts and then changed back to the electric font after wearing it a few times.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Gotta be Brian Bradley...but that could just be the NHL94 talking.

Wow, I hate you for saying that! ;)

Here's a few more to toss out there:

9 (Denis) Savard

77 (Chris) Gratton

44 (Roman) Hamrlik

1 (Jeff) Reese

44 (Stephane) Richer

36 (Matthew) Barnaby...just kidding, no one should ever taint a jersey like that, including Matthew.

Chicago was the defending Campbell Champs

Way to be on top of the game, Sparky.

Go all the way back to Day One - get a #16 Chris Kontos jersey. The guy had four goals in the Lightning's 7-3 trouncing of the defending Wales Conference champs the Chicago Blackhawks.

Campbell Conference, Philistine!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Manon Rheaume

Doo doooo doodoo dooo

Manon Rheaume

Doo doodoo dooo

Manon Rheaume

Doo doooo doodoo dooo, doodoo dooo, doodoo dooo, doodoo doodoo doo doo doo doooooo doo!!!

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Something, something

Funny how you guys are bringing back the Buckaroos logo this weekend. Horse on skates? How hard was it to get Gordichuk to pose for the picture? :D

Its funny you bring up Gordichuk, we were at the last game the Hawks played in Seattle we were joking about how the guy looked so awckward on skates, I would think that he would be a better skater if he was a horse. Just think another set of legs to hold him up! :hockeysmiley:

Spyboy, a few questions. First, what do you do for a living? 'Cuz what ever it is, sign me up! I want to be able to have a collection of sweaters that rivals the number of days in a year like yours does.

The other thing is, do you try and match the player/jersey with the time period? What I mean is that jersey you are looking at getting done, does it have at CCM/KOHO or RBK tag on the neck and if so is that something you worry about? In the years before with Pro Player, Starter and CCM making jerseys for all the teams, its harder to "match" the jersey to a time period, but since they added the neck tag in 2000 it makes it more obvious what era its from. Just curious since you have such a collection.

SEAsig.png

The other thing is, do you try and match the player/jersey with the time period? What I mean is that jersey you are looking at getting done, does it have at CCM/KOHO or RBK tag on the neck and if so is that something you worry about? In the years before with Pro Player, Starter and CCM making jerseys for all the teams, its harder to "match" the jersey to a time period, but since they added the neck tag in 2000 it makes it more obvious what era its from. Just curious since you have such a collection.

I'm really particular about getting the lettering done as accurately as possible and love to patch my jerseys whenever possible. You'd be surprized by how many times I've gotten a patch and THEN went out to find the jersey to put under it. The player has to have been on the team the year the patch was worn, the "A" or "C" has to be confirmed by an old hockey card or a search on gettyimages.com. The jersey has to be the right style as well. If the original patched jersey was a tie-neck Rangers and older regular collar style is not acceptable.

But there's one thing I don't bother with and that's what brand was worn during what year. There's just so many really nice ProPlayer and Starter jerseys out there on ebay, and so few Nike NHL club team jerseys, that it would make me nuts to try to match all that up. As long as the style of the jersey is accurate, I don't worry about the brand.

I have not done a lot, if any, of the neck tagged jerseys for older ones though. Not consciously, it's just that if I'm trying to do a 91-92 jersey, so many styles have changed that many of the new neck tagged ones don't apply anymore.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• LMU locked this topic

Archived