Cape Cod Canalmen

speedy

Okay, I'll start off by saying, yes I know using other logo's is wrong, even in fantasy but it's a snowy day and I was bored so I was just messing around.

Okay, now moving onto what I did. Those of you familiar with Cape Cod know it's in reality an Island, cut off from the mainland by the Cape Cod Canal. Three bridges span the length of the Canal, the Sagamore, the Bourne, and a railroad bridge (can't quite remember the name). I chose the name Canalmen because I wanted a local name to go along with a local team, if that makes any sense to you. As for the colors, I've always been a huge fan of the Gretzky Era Kings (more on that in a moment), so I used the Silver and Black. Of course those colors really don't tie into the South Shore whatsoever, but oh well.

canalmenlogo.png

As for the uniforms, I did a Kings concept awhile back and basically just took that template and mixed it with the logo I have. Something else will probably catch your eye, and that's the alternate. Just trying to mess around, probably won't keep it as the actual Alt. but oh well.

canalmenjersey.png

C&C as always...

I think that the fishstick guy looks a lot better in silver and black! (actually, I would like him no matter what. :P ) Anyways, the logo looks great, the script fits really well. I like the gradient alternate, to. However, I have some problems with the home and away because the silver just blends to much with the white. I think that any black and silver color scheme just needs something more, maybe another color like red.

Great job with the logos though!

Judging from the wincing look on the fisherman's face, you should probably remove the C from their name.

If you remove the "C" from the Canalmen name, it adds a whole new meaning to "poke check".

As a matter of fact, one of the area highschools is named the Canalmen. Junior year if I remember correctly, we ripped the C off of the goalposts that said Canalmen. Of course, we never got caught.

Wow. Captain Fishstick. Did not see that coming ever again.

I like his recolor. He looks much better.

The homes are my favorites. The gray accents on the stripes are top notch. The aways also look very nice. More pretty gray accents, especially on the bottoms of the sleeves.

The alternatives... while I admire your photoshop skills, I think the old LA Kings alts are some of the ugliest jerseys of all time, and so, anything in that vein bothers me. I think part of it is the mismatched sleeves. However, its more creative and requires more skill than anything I could do. Also, I don't like the concept of third jerseys, and sing praises to the NHL for abolishing the program for 2007-08.

At any rate, the good jerseys are lovely, and you get cool points for showing ice. Why Dunkin Donuts and Wendeys? And, what is Webb Arena? Your name, or actual place?

I like that, I wasn't too sure about the black/white/grey, but after seeing the whole thing it looks solid. I also love the use of the Kings Alt jersey...I finally got my hands on one of those about two months ago and I really like how the black version came out, well done.

Why Dunkin Donuts and Wendeys? And, what is Webb Arena? Your name, or actual place?

Well here's the reasoning behind this...

Dunkin' Donuts, I'm there every morning getting coffee or donuts and whatnot. Wendy's, absolute favorite fast food resturant, many a night I've gone there to fill up before a night out. As for Webb Arena, not my last name, but my girls last name, I just liked the way it sounded. With the logo I tried to spoof the Fleet. Not a real place at all. So basically just my favorite things.

Why Dunkin Donuts and Wendeys? And, what is Webb Arena? Your name, or actual place?

Well here's the reasoning behind this...

Dunkin' Donuts, I'm there every morning getting coffee or donuts and whatnot. Wendy's, absolute favorite fast food resturant, many a night I've gone there to fill up before a night out. As for Webb Arena, not my last name, but my girls last name, I just liked the way it sounded. With the logo I tried to spoof the Fleet. Not a real place at all. So basically just my favorite things.

Ah. Personally, I prefer your logo over the former fleet logo, and I really like it better than the current TD Banknorth Garden logo.

should be a baseball logo

with all those hockey sticks in it...nah, i'd leave it as a hockey logo :)

seriously, i think there are too many hockey sticks - i think it might look better if you widened the shield and made it so just the end of the stick in the fisherman's hand came out of the shield along with the hat on top as it currently does

As a huge fan of Captain Fish Sticks and that overall colour scheme, I'm a little sad to see him lose his colours, (especially for one of the worst look in NHL history Gretzky-era Kings... and this has nothing to do with 1993, doctor...) but glad to see him having a second career.

Overall, I like the idea.

I, also, would widen the shield.

I would also like tho see a different logo on the Alt, which brings me to ask, where do you use the "Cape Cod" logo?

• 3 weeks later...
Judging from the wincing look on the fisherman's face, you should probably remove the C from their name.

If you remove the "C" from the Canalmen name, it adds a whole new meaning to "poke check".

As a matter of fact, one of the area highschools is named the Canalmen. Junior year if I remember correctly, we ripped the C off of the goalposts that said Canalmen. Of course, we never got caught.

Sorry for the bump, but..

Yep, I go there. Bourne MA. We use a similar logo to the one Speedy created, except instead of the Gortons it's a different looking fisherman steering a boat with a B on it.

Archived