My first ever Florida Panthers jersey concept

Roger Clemente

After conferring with IronChefShark this evening, curiosity made us wonder what a Panthers concept would look like if it utilized a clawmark gimmick, similar to the QMJHL's Moncton Wildcats. So I came up with this concept:

Panthers-01.png

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

(P.S. Yes, in the five years of hockey jersey designing, this is actually my first genuine Florida Panthers concept ever. The only other Panthers jersey I ever made previously was just a recoloring of another jersey.)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

it turned out great like I thought it would. I like how the triangle pattern on the sleeves match up to the rays of the sun on the alternate logo. also kinda gives it a sort of latino-miami vibe as well.

the claw slash turned out exceptionally well, a subtle placement of a unique design aspect brings life to an overall simple jersey design.

I do think it would be an outstanding alternate.

I think it looks better on the Navy because the claw is white and the outline is red, line a blood trace.

I also wish the Panthers would (...fold...) go to full-time red as their dark jersey (I was about to say Home, but isn't the NHL going back to white Homes?)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

(I was about to say Home, but isn't the NHL going back to white Homes?)

Not that i'm aware of...

But the jerseys look great. The slash would be something new in the NHL, especially the placement of it. Although the stripes kind of look like the Senators alternate, you still made it work well.

Not too shabby. Just as a thought, though, maybe see how the claw marks would look if they almost served as horizontal striping on the bottom of the jersey.

VmWIn6B.png

Not really feeling it and neither would anyone associated with actual NHL jersey design.

It looks OK on a internet message board, but when put into practical use on a real NHL player moving around on the ice, those scrape marks just won't work. Study the uniforms of NHL teams closely the next time you watch a game. It will help you improve.

Not really feeling it and neither would anyone associated with actual NHL jersey design.

It looks OK on a internet message board, but when put into practical use on a real NHL player moving around on the ice, those scrape marks just won't work. Study the uniforms of NHL teams closely the next time you watch a game. It will help you improve.

Yeah Roger! You know nothing about designing jerseys! :rolleyes:

I dunno Tom, worse things have been accepted by major leagues (like the Bobcats identity package).

As for some C and C, putting the Claw on the back as suggested does strike me as working better. It probably would have been a good addition to those mid-90s 3rd jerseys.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't like the claw marks. Too gimmicky. I'd rather just see a bottom stripe in the style of the sleeve striping, which I really like.

I'm not a fan of the claw mark. Nor am I a fan of the diagonal sleeve striping. Or the triangle sleeve striping. Really, I'm just not a fan of the set. Sorry. I happen to like a lot of your work (even some of your Red Wings stuff, and their jerseys are sacred to me), but this just doesn't work for me.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Yeah, sure I'll keep that in mind, you ignorant bastard. ogrady.jpg

To everyone else, thanks for the kind words. I suppose it wouldn't really work as a full-time set, but would probably make a better alternate than anything.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Not a lot of fans of the claws...

Looks like the majority sided with Tradition Roger...

Makes me think we need to start a thread on Novelty/ALT/Gimmicky Sublimated Shirts à la Lightnings/Ducks/Kings/Canucks (not even thinking about ECHL, and CHL...)

I've always been a fan of Sublimated shirts (my teammates disagree they find them too hot in the summer - we wear Trashers' Navy), I even considered becoming a rep. for Ontario for Keybec Sublime

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

OMFG!!!!!

Someone popped Ed Belfour!!!!! :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Roger = God.

Memorize that. Write it 500 times until its stuck in your brain.

Its ok you do not like his concept, but to imply* that he doesn't know what he's doing...well, you're insulting 5 years of hardwork from a concept God.

*no you did not directly say it, but it was there.

Archived