Minor league concept: Cabbages!

winters in buffalo

It's been awhile since I did a minor league baseball concept. Inspired by some really tasty slaw that I had with dinner last night, I decided to put together this St. Patrick's Day treat....

Behold, the Ventura County Cabbages!

I picked Ventura County as the location because it is one of the leading cabbage-producing areas in the U.S.

cabbages.gif

Also, unis....

cabbageunis.gif

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I really can't decide how I feel about these. I think they look nice, but, in some respects, they're really awkward. Mostly the color (although I agree with the sentiment that a team called the cabbages should be that color). And the fact that they're named the cabbages.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I expected more. It's almost as if you didn't carrot all. It's obvious you'd never get paid a celery doing this kind of work. Lettuce all hope WiB puts in a better effort next time. I yam certain he hasn't bean practicing, or else he could have put something out that beets this peas of garbage.

Nice work, man. Love the home pinstripes.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I expected more. It's almost as if you didn't carrot all. It's obvious you'd never get paid a celery doing this kind of work. Lettuce all hope WiB puts in a better effort next time. I yam certain he hasn't bean practicing, or else he could have put something out that beets this peas of garbage.

Nice work, man. Love the home pinstripes.

Hilarious, dude. How long did that take to come up with?

wib - great work...really outstanding stuff - on the wordmark, i would have liked to see you use a different font for ventura county...maybe something sans serif and i'd like to see a VC monogram for one of the hats, but other than that, perfection...those uni's are SWEET

jldesigns404eo.png

I love the name, the idea, and the colors. What I don't feel is the logo. It doesn't have a lettuce/cabbage feel to it. To me it looks like more like a flower-clover mutant with a baseball slapped on top of it. May I suggest a logo featuring a head of cabbage with a baseball appearing as you pull the leaf away.

Great work.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Archived