Montréal Blizzard Concept

speedy

Okay, well I was working on an XHL project for another board member and came across Pollux's set. I thought his logo's and colors were extremely classy, but I wanted to give it a more modern touch. He may use them, he may not, either way I figured I'd post them here for some additional C&C.

blizzardlogo2-1.png

blizzardjersey-1.png

Great concept!

I would go a bit more angular on the snowflake alternate logo. With the rounded ends it looks kinda cutesy, and like hearts on the end. It also looks a bit to compact, muddling the design idea.

Very nice otherwise!

(I also really prefer the traditional jersey designs to the swift ones)

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

You know this is pretty nice, you may want to PM pollux and see what he thinks of it.

We've been talking.

Also, about the Grey Alt, Pollux used grey heavily in his current package and since I toned down the usage on the Home and Away's, I figured I'd compensate by making a grey alternate.

That grey alternate is beautiful! I actually want one now! Great work!

Have you seen the Grey Admirals in person?

Just awful...

So even if I am a big proponent of ALTs and their different colours (Yes, I'd buy a Preds' Mustard, Isles, Orange or Bruins' Winnie teh Pooh) I'm afraid to see what the Grey would look like in real life... in Pixels it's awesome...

And the Blue is one of the best all around package I've seen in a while... (considering use of differnt logo and template for ALT)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

You did a wonderful job updating the identity package I worked on previously. For comparison's sake, here's the initial work I had done:

montrealblizzard.gif

Since I hadn't seen the primary, I will agree that it looks better with sharp edges, so it might be a good idea if you also used a similar pattern for the alternate/vintage logo.

I also liked the first font you showed me for numbers and names on the home and away jerseys, but I'd use the current one on the grey alt.

On that alt, I absolutely love it. While a dark blue would've been predictable, you went with the grey, which isn't used too much, and it gives a uniqueness to it.

Overall, great work! I will definitely use this package for next year.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I like it a lot. Just out of curiosity's sake, I'd like to see you make the alt's light blue outline be on the inner edge, that way the navy shows in between each arm of the snowflake. just a thought, i think this is near perfect

I think it looks really great. Solid all around, the retro especially is a marked improvement over the original (and the bar was pretty high to begin with). If you're still looking for some suggestions I have this to offer. Make the bottom of the fleur-de-lis (I hope I spelled that right) a partial snowflake crystal. Just a suggestion.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I can tell you that a grey alternate is a gamble. For instance, I've been in Lethbridge the last two years, and the WHL's Hurricanes have a disgustingly-executed grey alt. It incorporates no fewer than three city landmarks -- the city hall clock on the lower arm, Yates Memorial Centre arch across lower torso, and High Level Bridge along bottom hem (not visible). The letter H from the wordmark stands alone as the logo, completing an all-too-busy package.

justinleclerc.jpg

That said, I must say I love this Blizzard alt jersey. There's enough blue there to offset the grey, giving it a nice contrast. Overall, it's got a great classic feel, even with the RBK jersey's modernism. Good work!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I can tell you that a grey alternate is a gamble. For instance, I've been in Lethbridge the last two years, and the WHL's Hurricanes have a disgustingly-executed grey alt. It incorporates no fewer than three city landmarks -- the city hall clock on the lower arm, Yates Memorial Centre arch across lower torso, and High Level Bridge along bottom hem (not visible). The letter H from the wordmark stands alone as the logo, completing an all-too-busy package.

justinleclerc.jpg

That said, I must say I love this Blizzard alt jersey. There's enough blue there to offset the grey, giving it a nice contrast. Overall, it's got a great classic feel, even with the RBK jersey's modernism. Good work!

But it's not the fact that it's grey that makes it ugly. :P

Lovin' the Blizz' jerseys, BTW. Let double blue reign.

Archived