Giving Barber Pole a Shot

jkrdevil

Well in the words of Gordie's signature, "If your Senators concept is not barber pole it sucks." Well I'm am giving it a shot by making a barber pole Senators concepts using the edge template. I made a home and away barber pole uniforms plus 2 alternates that I'm not sure which is better. For the barber pole unis they are mainly just red and black as I kept the gold to the logo and numbers to help make them more readable. As for the number i went with thick outlines also to make them more readable. After experimenting with the colors I found white numbers for the red were the most readable where gold was the most readable for the whites. For a shoulder patch I went with the peace tower alts they have. For the alternates I had two ideas, the first was black jersey with red, white, and gold barber pole up the sides and the other is a more traditional sweater, I went with red sock for both to break up an all black monochrome.

Comments and criticism are wanted. I also want to know which alt you like better.

sensbarber.gif

I like the red and white ones. They are well executed. The only problem is that the white one wouldn't work because it looks too much like a dark jersey. Thats why the Senators should use the barber pole as an alternate

EDIT:

For the alternates, you should use the one without the barber pole because it changes it up a bit. I like the all balck one more anyways, it looks cool, but I would go with black socks on that one

I like the red and white ones. They are well executed. The only problem is that the white one wouldn't work because it looks too much like a dark jersey. Thats why the Senators should use the barber pole as an alternate

I agree completely. I like the main 2, I was just trying to figure out how it could be redone to be considered a "Light" jersey. Maybe you're right and barberpole should just be an alt *shrugs*

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

i think the gold numbers on the white are a nice touch. i dont think black would look very good. youve made the barberpole look good. i like the top alternate with the striping on the side panels, it fits best with the entire set. the bottom one would look good with the current set. all in all, nice work.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I agree completely. I like the main 2, I was just trying to figure out how it could be redone to be considered a "Light" jersey. Maybe you're right and barberpole should just be an alt *shrugs*

I've thought of this problem and that's why I left the shoulders the color of the jersey. To help distinguish which on is which. Plus the barber pole style it self would be a tip off to an opponent not to pass the puck to that player.

Wow. These are absolutely amazing. Just, wow. Well done.

Honestly, I like the alts better as a set. The both look really nice, but, I feel as if they should be switched to the home and away ones. (However, since they're both dark, this might not be legal.)

I much prefer the light ones on the regular jerseys. I think the dark ones would look better if the stripes continued to the collar.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I don't know... while I love the barbershop theme, I think it's too busy with the current Sens logo atop it. I think the original "O" or something simpler would work great.

Still looks pretty cool though. Good job on them.

You've done a great job of fitting barberpole onto the Edge template, but I can't say I like it. I don't like the big gap between the stripes on the sleeves and the stripes on the torso. Tge alts look pretty good though, especially the second one.

Good work.

Perhaps for the Barberpoles you should go the olde schoole rugby route and have the name and number in a white square.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Perhaps for the Barberpoles you should go the olde schoole rugby route and have the name and number in a white square.

That's exactly what I was thinking. At least try it out and see whether or not it looks like shooty shooty fug fug.

Other than that, I love it. It's Discrimesque?

I prefer the first black, with the barberpole sides, far as each alt goes. the "dark" barberpole, I'd keep as home with the small change of yanking Flatman and replacing him with the Badass. For whites, I think a white version of the first alt would work (heh, it could be gold...nobody uses a gold jersey right now except the Preds' mustards...whatever rocks your boat).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived