Detroit Pistons introducing 4th uniform

projectjohn

Local newspaper columnist Rob Parker announced it in his rumors feature on the weekly Sunday night sports show. Apparently it will have something to do with the Pistons' 50th anniversary celebration.

I guess that means the "FT. WAYNE" uniform is back.

. . . or metallic gold uniforms.

It's the new black! ^_^

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In honor of Detroit's automotive heritage, the Pistons will wear a uniform constructed of tires.

Prototype can be seen here --

bib12.jpg

Sheed is already making plans to install a carb and hotbox that uniform.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Local newspaper columnist Rob Parker announced it in his rumors feature on the weekly Sunday night sports show. Apparently it will have something to do with the Pistons' 50th anniversary celebration.

Agreed...probably some Ft. Wayne throwbacks.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

In honor of Detroit's automotive heritage, the Pistons will wear a uniform constructed of tires.

Prototype can be seen here --

bib12.jpg

Sheed is already making plans to install a carb and hotbox that uniform.

Sweet...Can't wait for it to be in the NBA Store :D

Agreed...probably some Ft. Wayne throwbacks.

No. It won't be. Its not the 50th year of the Franchise, its the 50th year that the franchise has been based in Detroit. I can see the return of these:

mn-pis81h11.gif

Or (and now I pray) although it would be a small difference from the current unis, a return of these:

FF_88003_s.jpg

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

As a die hard Pistons fan, I hate those lightning bolt unis. Those 80's throwbacks would be nice.

I'm in the same boat with the bolt jersey. But, I'm afraid the 80's jerseys might not be old enough. Lets just hope they don't bring back those teal atrociries.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

why do so many nba teams have like 50 different unis? why cant they just have a home/away set and a throwback?

oh yea, money hungry owners.

As of now, the Pistons have a home, away, and an alt. Like most other teams. This makes 3. Now, many teams have a throwback they use often. The Pistons, however, are adding a one-year only throwback to celebrate the 50th year in Detroit.

Not to mention, my owner can be as money hungry as he wants if he has my team on the top of its conference. Again. Not to mention, Mr. Davidson is an incredibly nice man. Very cheritable. Pays close attention to his teams. And, not just examining his bottom line; he stays very involved in basketball (and hockey) operations for his three teams.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

In addition, the new jerseys will be form fitting and have a gator skin pattern.

Thank god Nike doesn't do NBA uniforms. Otherwise, my money would be either on tire tread or Oregon-style diamondplate.

By the way, why has subliminal patterning suddenly become "cool"? The Magic had it a few years ago, and nobody liked it. Not to mention that Mexico had it during the 1994 World Cup and it was a complete disaster.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

In the NBA, a team is only allowed to have a home, road, and alternate. Also, they are allowed to have a throwback, but they are only allowed the throwbacks every 2 or three years. Throwbacks are not allowed to become a permanent part of the uniform set, unless the throwbacks are their designated alternate...and in which case they wouldn't be allowed another standard alternate (which no team currently does)

Archived