Detroit Pistons introducing 4th uniform

projectjohn

In addition, the new jerseys will be form fitting and have a gator skin pattern.

Thank god Nike doesn't do NBA uniforms. Otherwise, my money would be either on tire tread or Oregon-style diamondplate.

By the way, why has subliminal patterning suddenly become "cool"? The Magic had it a few years ago, and nobody liked it. Not to mention that Mexico had it during the 1994 World Cup and it was a complete disaster.

Actually, Nike used to do NBA uniforms, and IIRC came up with the wishbone template as used by the Lakers, Pistons, and Heat, none of which many will argue have gaudy uniforms. IMO that template is the best in the sport.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a die hard Pistons fan, I hate those lightning bolt unis. Those 80's throwbacks would be nice.

I'm in the same boat with the bolt jersey. But, I'm afraid the 80's jerseys might not be old enough. Lets just hope they don't bring back those teal atrociries.

Man, I loved those teal jerseys!

What were the jerseys that the Pistons wore 50 years ago?

By the way, why has subliminal patterning suddenly become "cool"? The Magic had it a few years ago, and nobody liked it. Not to mention that Mexico had it during the 1994 World Cup and it was a complete disaster.

If by "disaster" you meant "totally awesome," then yes, you're absolutely right.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The jerseys will be to honor the 5th anniversary of Sheed's marijuana arrest. The jerseys will be green with the sublinal pattern of marijuana leaves (similar to the Magic and their stars).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I sent a question the Pistons.com beat writer, Keith Langlois, about it. This was his response:

There will be a fourth uniform next season, John, to commemorate the Pistons? 50th season in Michigan. It?s going to be patterned after a uniform the Pistons wore way back then when they first relocated from Fort Wayne, Ind

That means they'll look something like this:

pistons_19581960_240.jpg

Oh, so a boring throwback.

I wouldn't mind the lightning bolt uniforms (they ought to bring that back into their look, it makes it unique without going over the top).

Yeah--unique in the vein of the Toledo Storm ECHL team logo...

(Just my two rusted Lincolns.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• LMU locked this topic

Archived