What I wouldn't give to see this in action...

StPatty33

The weakest part of this concept is the middle. Fix that puck somehow, it isn't up to par with the rest of the concept.

I agree. I've gone through several versions of the puck in the middle. The reason this one finally won out is because it looked the most like the intended concept: To combine the Colorado Flag colorado-flag.jpg (which was also part of the old Rockies logo) and the Avalanche style. Any suggestions on how to improve this would be amazing, as I'm actually in the process of putting together a proposal for the Avs.

Maybe I'll try actually just putting the big yellow ball there instead, when I get home from work.

Wow.

I have never seen this concept before. Did you make that yourself? That is SICKLY good.

10 out of 10. Perfect.

I did--thank you! I came up with this shortly after joining these boards about a year and a half ago. I've since been crazy busy with work, and just recently started spending more time designing. I ordered several dozen custom embroidered patches of this as well that I should have within a week or two--I'll toss up pictures when I get them!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Maybe I'll try actually just putting the big yellow ball there instead, when I get home from work.

no, no, NO, NO, NO! keep it as is, or tweak the hockey puck, but DO NOT put a "big yellow ball there"

Any suggestions on how to improve this would be amazing, as I'm actually in the process of putting together a proposal for the Avs.

the only problem i have with it is the perspective (but it doesn't bother me terribly) - the gray shading makes it seem as though the puck is being seen from an angle slightly above the puck, but it's pefectly round...but fixing the perspective issue may cause you to lose the tie-in with the state flag...i think it's pretty damn good right now!

jldesigns404eo.png

the only problem i have with it is the perspective (but it doesn't bother me terribly) - the gray shading makes it seem as though the puck is being seen from an angle slightly above the puck, but it's pefectly round...but fixing the perspective issue may cause you to lose the tie-in with the state flag...i think it's pretty damn good right now!

Yeah, I knew from the very beginning that I was bending perspective a bit by doing that. I made my peace with it, as just like you said--it's an issue, but it doesn't bother me terribly. I guess I could do a completely overhead view of a puck, but in order for it to not just be plain black it would have to have something in the middle. I wanted this logo to be something that wouldn't be a fad, something that could stand the test of time--and don't think putting a logo within a logo will do that. I could change the angle of the puck and make it look like it's coming towards you, but then it makes the jump from timeless to action-packed (and flash-in-the-pants).

Hmmmmm...

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Archived