Ty Conklin's new Sabres mask

jerseyfan

It looks like FireFox logo creep.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

here it is. I didn't see this topic anywhere else...sorry if it is and please merge.

http://www.wgr550.com/column.php?id=0451

Is the Nike/Bauer logo creep on the front typical or is this a new disturbing trend?

Normally, if the mask was a CCM or Itech you wouldn't see this type of thing.

However manufacturers who normally don't make goalie masks, like Nike-Bauer and Louisville/TPS, generally put their logo on the forehead to draw attention to the fact that they've entered the goalie mask market. In a few years the Nike-Bauer logo won't be added to the foreheads of their masks.

Louisville/TPS went through this phase a few years ago, and now that they've established themselves in the mask market the corporate logo creep has all but vanished.

here it is. I didn't see this topic anywhere else...sorry if it is and please merge.

http://www.wgr550.com/column.php?id=0451

Is the Nike/Bauer logo creep on the front typical or is this a new disturbing trend?

However manufacturers who normally don't make goalie masks, like Nike-Bauer and Louisville/TPS, generally put their logo on the forehead to draw attention to the fact that they've entered the goalie mask market. In a few years the Nike-Bauer logo won't be added to the foreheads of their masks.

Louisville/TPS went through this phase a few years ago, and now that they've established themselves in the mask market the corporate logo creep has all but vanished.

Thanks. Here's to hoping that they disappear soon. I dig the mask btw....not as cool as jsº's Biron mask design....but good for our new backup.

I REALLY like that mask a lot. Too bad I hate the goalie wearing it...

I just really like how it has the soft airbrush look to it and the blend of yellows within the slug to give it some shape and definition apart from being a flat, yellow slug thing. I can't wait to see it in action. While on the topic, I am also looking forward to seeing what Biron's new mask will look like.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I just really like how it has the soft airbrush look to it and the blend of yellows within the slug to give it some shape and definition apart from being a flat, yellow slug thing. I can't wait to see it in action. While on the topic, I am also looking forward to seeing what Biron's new mask will look like.

I doubt he will get one. He really like his blank white one that he wears because it fits him really well. He olny wore his new Buffalo one like once or twice, and hes a free agent at the end of the year

Magic07.jpg

I doubt he will get one. He really like his blank white one that he wears because it fits him really well. He olny wore his new Buffalo one like once or twice, and hes a free agent at the end of the year

'

The reason behind the return to the white mask was that the other mask he had painted didn't fit him well, so as he was getting a new mask painted, he stuck with a plain, but comfortable fitting one. It wasn't because he liked the white mask it was because the one he got painted just turned out to be a very bad fit. The Flyers want to keep him so odds are he will be getting a new mask soon and probably be stickin around with them unless another team jumps in with a better offer this summer (aka Tampa, Edmonton, Florida, Las Angeles) before he is resigned.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I thought Marty got superstitious about the colour of his mask...

As for Logos "Creeping", deal with it!!!

Aren't you guys fans of Soccer? I don't hear anyone complaining about the SHARP logo...

If these companies are willing to throw money at our athletes then maybe we won't have to compete with Russia and Sweden to attract top prospects.

Sweet Mask!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

'

The reason behind the return to the white mask was that the other mask he had painted didn't fit him well, so as he was getting a new mask painted, he stuck with a plain, but comfortable fitting one. It wasn't because he liked the white mask it was because the one he got painted just turned out to be a very bad fit. The Flyers want to keep him so odds are he will be getting a new mask soon and probably be stickin around with them unless another team jumps in with a better offer this summer (aka Tampa, Edmonton, Florida, Las Angeles) before he is resigned.

Newsflash guys: He's got a new mask. Check thread in concepts board for a rough mock up.

Ack, that mask hurts my eyes!

That Buffalo Banana logo just has to die a quick death, so we can all watch Sabres' games without fear of having our retinas seared in half.

What on Earth was wrong with the first Sabres logo and jersey? I am glad they ressurected it for certain nights, but why not stick with it and be done with it?

Actually I have the same overall diagnosis for the Buffalo Bills, your classic and original helmet was the best.

Aren't you guys fans of Soccer? I don't hear anyone complaining about the SHARP logo...

If these companies are willing to throw money at our athletes then maybe we won't have to compete with Russia and Sweden to attract top prospects.

Sweet Mask!!!

First off, there's no "logo creep," so stop yelling. Nike-Bauer didn't pay to have their logo painted on the forehead, they designed the mask. If you had bothered to read before you posted you would know that hockey equipment manufacturers tend to place their brand logo on the foreheads of their goalie masks when they first enter the goalie mask market. It's so viewers can see that the company in question now produces masks. Anyone who's a goaltender who's watching sees that and says "oh, I guess Nike (or whatever company it may be) makes masks now." Then when they need a new mask they remember that Nike-Bauer makes them. All companies do this when they start making masks. Louisville/TPS did this a few years ago.

Secondly, since when is the NHL struggling to compete with the Russian and Swedish leagues? The NHL is the premier hockey league in the world. Any young prospect who had the choice to play in either the NHL or a Russian league would choose the NHL in a heartbeat. If you think otherwise you're unrealistically pessimistic or just naive.

The style looks a bit like the Cam Ward mask from earlier in the season (that he later ditched... for good), like logos on both sides, etc...

This isn't ugly, but its garbage compared to Ryan Miller's. :D

Wade-sig.png

Most goalies have the brand of their mask on their forehead or on each wing. Mostly ITECH, and they've been around long enough. I think just like to see their market domination.

All Branded masks I can think of:

Lehtonen ITECH

Vokoun ITECH

Kiprusoff ITECH

McLennan ITECH

Krahn ITECH

Lalime RBK

Theodore ITECH

Leclaire TPS

Hasek TPS

Fernandez ITECH

Harding TPS

Huet ITECH

Aebischer TPS

Mason ITECH

Dipietro ITECH

Lundqvist ITECH

Emery ITECH

Gerber ITECH

Nittymaki ITECH

Joseph ITECH

Thibault ITECH

Denis RBK

Luongo RBK

Sweet Mask!!!

First off, there's no "logo creep," so stop yelling. Nike-Bauer didn't pay to have their logo painted on the forehead, they designed the mask. If you had bothered to read before you posted you would know that hockey equipment manufacturers tend to place their brand logo on the foreheads of their goalie masks when they first enter the goalie mask market. It's so viewers can see that the company in question now produces masks. Anyone who's a goaltender who's watching sees that and says "oh, I guess Nike (or whatever company it may be) makes masks now." Then when they need a new mask they remember that Nike-Bauer makes them. All companies do this when they start making masks. Louisville/TPS did this a few years ago.

Secondly, since when is the NHL struggling to compete with the Russian and Swedish leagues? The NHL is the premier hockey league in the world. Any young prospect who had the choice to play in either the NHL or a Russian league would choose the NHL in a heartbeat. If you think otherwise you're unrealistically pessimistic or just naive.

nike/bauer had nothing to do with the mask, Conklin is sponsored by them.

the mask was done by Ron Slater, he does all conks' mask work.

2004RedSox.png

'

Newsflash guys: He's got a new mask. Check thread in concepts board for a rough mock up.

Why not save us the trouble and just post it in here. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to do.

IMO, if the so called mock up IS what the official mask will look like... it will definatly be a downgrade from what he was wearing in Buffalo. I'm a fan of 'the simpler the better' when it comes to goalie masks and if correct, the mock up does not follow that motto and it depresses me.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I agree with Neon, which is why I'm such a fan of Brodeur's mask, Hextall's first mask and arrow mask (but NOT a fan of his more recent ones), Chico Resch and Beezer's masks, but NOT Robert Esche's. I don't have time to stare at a mask, and the cameras don't focus on it too long, so if I can't get the point of it at a glance, then it isn't working. Something like Beezer's that was simple to recognize at a glance, but also had added detail that could only be noticed at a stare provides the best of both worlds.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived