Avalanche logo concept - Embroidered - UPDATED!

StPatty33

Agreed. If I were ever to make this into a logo for a different team or simply for a cool logo to somehow profit off of, I would have to change the colors, and I would also completely edit the snow part so it isn't really in the Avalanche style.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patty this would be my take on this. If you plan on presenting this to the Avalanche then I would keep it as low profile as possible. Use the patches yourself, not sell anything to anyone. As they say you don't want to "rock the boat". I would think the Avs would be more likely and willing to use the logo if you have not used or sold it yourself at any point to anyone.

I doubt they will use it if you have already "falsely" or "misrepresented" or "looked for gray area" or otherwise used the logo for profit or not in the public.

If I where you I would make my hats and etc. Use them in your presentation to them. If the Avs say no you can use it as a "Rejected Alternative Logo for the Colorado Avalanche" and then you have not stepped on anyone's toes.

just my two cents....

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Patty this would be my take on this. If you plan on presenting this to the Avalanche then I would keep it as low profile as possible. Use the patches yourself, not sell anything to anyone. As they say you don't want to "rock the boat". I would think the Avs would be more likely and willing to use the logo if you have not used or sold it yourself at any point to anyone.

I doubt they will use it if you have already "falsely" or "misrepresented" or "looked for gray area" or otherwise used the logo for profit or not in the public.

If I where you I would make my hats and etc. Use them in your presentation to them. If the Avs say no you can use it as a "Rejected Alternative Logo for the Colorado Avalanche" and then you have not stepped on anyone's toes.

just my two cents....

That's exactly what I was thinking. You'd be better off to present it to the Avs first, as they're more likely to consider it, or even let you into the building, if you haven't had a legal battle with them over the logo.

I agree completely with you guys. Sorry if I came across as defensive--I certainly appreciate your C&C and the legality discussion. This is essentially what my plan is/was:

I'm working on coming up with 3 or 4 slight variations--people always love choices. I've got the right contact methods down, and I'm on a first name basis with a couple of the players, so I can try and meander my way in through them, if I have to. The only thing I was planning on doing as far as exposing this logo before then, is this--I have prominant tickets to the last game of the season (against Calgary, the 8th seed in the playoffs right now, only a couple points ahead of us). I was planning on me and my friends wearing the hats and t-shirts with the logo on it, to see if it created any buzz.

What do you guys say? Yay or nay? Should I even go that far before speaking with them? I mean, I'm not going to be giving out my business card or anything to people that ask--even if they ask.

spacer.png

Can NHL teams even accept unsolicited proposals? I thought the Ravens fiasco pretty much shut the doors on any of this kind of thing. I thought there was too much risk involved with them using a design they didn't ask for and negotiate for.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree completely with you guys. Sorry if I came across as defensive--I certainly appreciate your C&C and the legality discussion. This is essentially what my plan is/was:

I'm working on coming up with 3 or 4 slight variations--people always love choices. I've got the right contact methods down, and I'm on a first name basis with a couple of the players, so I can try and meander my way in through them, if I have to. The only thing I was planning on doing as far as exposing this logo before then, is this--I have prominant tickets to the last game of the season (against Calgary, the 8th seed in the playoffs right now, only a couple points ahead of us). I was planning on me and my friends wearing the hats and t-shirts with the logo on it, to see if it created any buzz.

What do you guys say? Yay or nay? Should I even go that far before speaking with them? I mean, I'm not going to be giving out my business card or anything to people that ask--even if they ask.

I would say wear it and find some way to make up gifts to those you want to solicate with the idea that way and use it as an avenue to present the idea. In other words make it your calling card and present the Avs and those in charge with your logo already attached to hats etc.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

i say wear it to them game. have you contacted getting a jersey done with this logo? also, copyright it if you havent already done so. that way if an official were to see it and try to steal it, they cannot. great work once again!

An enormous NAY. I wouldn't wear this in public. That would be the polar opposite of keeping a low profile. "Generating buzz" and saying that others like the logo will not help your chances on securing any future projects with the team.

This is your own personal logo and keep it as such. The Ravens' situation only highlights some of our points here. Now if you do nail down a meeting with team execs, go ahead and pass out your patches then. But for the love of all things good and holy, do not SELL these.

Cards.png

i say wear it to them game. have you contacted getting a jersey done with this logo? also, copyright it if you havent already done so. that way if an official were to see it and try to steal it, they cannot. great work once again!

I did copyright it already, just in case.

spacer.png

I don't know how teams go about getting new logos, but chances are to get it accepted, you need to go through the team first. With regards to your plan to "unveil" your logo at the Calgary game, I'm on the fence, slightly leaning not to do it. Wearing your logo to the game will have one of two consequences. Either it will generate buzz or it won't. If it doesn't then it's as if you never wore the thing in the first place. If it does, then that might take away some of the marketing thunder that the Avs could/would generate with this new alternate.

I see the Calgary game is April 8. If you were able to arrange a meeting with Avs execs before then that'd be optimal. Given the time frame that is probably out of the question. You mentioned that you knew some of the players. Perhaps you could run this by them. If they really like it that might give you the inside track to the meeting.

Just some thoughts. Good Luck.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Great concept!

If you want the Avs to take it / use it / buy it from you then you need the legal route. If your are looking for $$$ ebay! A friend of mine has been selling bootleg concerts / concerts / dvds on ebay forever with out problems.

Think any of those ebay ticket scalpers ever get into trouble?

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I dont think you should do that. You shouldnt let anyone see it until you atleast get a meeting with Avs officials. Even then, I would wait to show it, so there's no chance they can think negatively on it.

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

Archived