Avalanche logo concept - Embroidered - UPDATED!

StPatty33

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you may be treading on thin ice given the fact that the 'swoosh' borrows heavily in look from the actual Avs logo.

Being an Avid Avs fan I like this alot and thinkit is a perfect shoulder patch logo... maybe third jersey crest.

You HAVE to go the route of presenting it to the team first. Be prepared if they don't want to use it to also give you a warning about marketing it yourself. You will have to make some changes to that 'swoosh' and colors... otherwise you are infringing on the intellectual property of the Avs and NHL.

Even insinuating that it is an Avs logo... when it isn't said to be can still be construed as harming the organization's brand. They control their brand to prevent people from doing just this sort of thing.

If people start to associate this, unwittingly, to an actual part of the Avs brand were you to market this in any way, they can argue that you are altering the percieved brand of the Avs and can really hit you hard.

Tread lightly and cordially into any discussions.

On a side note... I am SO getting some jersey crests done through this company..... they do nice work and the price is phenominal. I can't get that price from our inhouse embroidery department.

I think you may be treading on thin ice given the fact that the 'swoosh' borrows heavily in look from the actual Avs logo.

Being an Avid Avs fan I like this alot and thinkit is a perfect shoulder patch logo... maybe third jersey crest.

You HAVE to go the route of presenting it to the team first. Be prepared if they don't want to use it to also give you a warning about marketing it yourself. You will have to make some changes to that 'swoosh' and colors... otherwise you are infringing on the intellectual property of the Avs and NHL.

Even insinuating that it is an Avs logo... when it isn't said to be can still be construed as harming the organization's brand. They control their brand to prevent people from doing just this sort of thing.

If people start to associate this, unwittingly, to an actual part of the Avs brand were you to market this in any way, they can argue that you are altering the percieved brand of the Avs and can really hit you hard.

Tread lightly and cordially into any discussions.

On a side note... I am SO getting some jersey crests done through this company..... they do nice work and the price is phenominal. I can't get that price from our inhouse embroidery department.

Expect a call from a lawyer. Let the patch making company know that they'll be getting one too. Common thieves!

Dude if you are insinuating that I am going to have NHL crests done you are way off base.

I am a designer that has done many jobs in sports marketing and branding.

The crests I am having made are original concept designs for self promotion. None of them are logos of existing teams at any level nor are they concepts of said teams at any level.

Before you start to insinuate anything maybe you should know what you are talking about huh?

And how dare you call me a common thief.

edit:

I just read some of his recent posts and now I realize why his post reads as it does and who it is. So it doesn't surprise me. I am also going to take the high ground and not stoop to his level and edit my response.

Here is something "Keebe" would never do... how about an apology? After all you accuse me of wanting to have copyrighted logo embroidered as crests. Even though you have no friggin' idea what you are talking about.

Don't worry I wont hold my breath.

Great concept!

If you want the Avs to take it / use it / buy it from you then you need the legal route. If your are looking for $$$ ebay! A friend of mine has been selling bootleg concerts / concerts / dvds on ebay forever with out problems.

Think any of those ebay ticket scalpers ever get into trouble?

Dan

heh...if the truth weren't so damn depressing, I'd say something else, but the first thing that comes to my mind is every single ebay seller who knowingly sells fake jerseys.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This is 2.75" x 3.35". I ordered 100 of them to throw on hats and random junk. Not bad looking, I think! The blue's a little light, but the rest of their blue's were almost purple.

Cbroidered.png

Hey how much did it cost you to get that made? if you could pm me it it'd be cool.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

This is 2.75" x 3.35". I ordered 100 of them to throw on hats and random junk. Not bad looking, I think! The blue's a little light, but the rest of their blue's were almost purple.

Cbroidered.png

Hey how much did it cost you to get that made? if you could pm me it it'd be cool.

St. Patty said that on the first page

After searching around online for a while I decided to go with Stadri Emblems ( www.stadriemblems.com ).

Total cost for 100 of these for me was $220, but a lot of that is because of the metallic silver thread and the heat backing, etc. The price can vary greatly by size and amount of embroidery you want (you can go part twill and part embroidery). They've been a real class act through the process, it goes through several stages of your approval before they go ahead with them all.

saBS.png

There is no way you would be breaking any copyright laws with this logo. Where in the logo does it say Colorado Avalanche. It is completely original and who says it has to be an Av's logo. You can say it is a logo for any team with a C.

You're right, it doesn't say Colorado Avalanche, but it could easily be construed as an Avs' logo. It even mimics some of the design elements of the Avs' logo. That's where the trouble lies. It doesn't have to be overtly tied with the Avs' logo to infringe upon it. It seems to me that, as long as it could create confusion in the consumer's mind, then the team would have a legal leg to stand on.

I want one to replace one of the feet on my Avs jersey.

This is among the best logos CCSLC has created.

I never got that. What the :censored: does that foot have to do with an Avalanche.

[stop with the sig already, Josh]

Avalanche = Mountains = Home of Ibominable (sp?) Snowmen.

philly.png

I want one to replace one of the feet on my Avs jersey.

This is among the best logos CCSLC has created.

I never got that. What the :censored: does that foot have to do with an Avalanche.

[stop with the sig already, Josh]

Avalanche = Mountains = Home of Ibominable (sp?) Snowmen.

Yeah, it's a Yeti foot. I personally like the idea, though I know many people don't.

I think a giant St. Bernard head with a barrel around his neck would be rad too--maybe I'll whip that up sometime.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

That is an extremely sleek and clean logo, although to be honest I still like the Avs' current logos better. I'm apparently in the minority, but I've always loved the Bigfoot foot, I think it's extremely clever and a little abstract. Your logo is very clever and well executed as well, and I think it'd be great on an X-Line-type hat or for an affiliate club. I guess if it was for another team I'd say differently, but IMO the Avs' uniforms are modern perfection.

And as for the whole legality thing, I'll agree with the others that say don't show it in public until you nail down a meeting. You don't wanna put yourself in bad standing with the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived