High School Football logo

jverbgraphics

I created this new logo/uniform set for a high school football team that I coach here in Wisconsin. I would love to hear some C&C on this although I am not sure how many changes I will be able to make since I may have reached the limit of my current ability! Though I am trying to improve. Lots of thanks to Rmered and mctitan53 for their help on this stuff! I am actually very happy with the way that this stuff came out and would love to hear what you all think! Thanks!

VanguardfootballIdentitycopy.jpg

why aren't the w's the same in the primary logo and the logo in the end zone?...i suspect that the u of wisconsin might take issue with the motion w...

i like the simplicity, though, of the logo - it's got a classic, timeless feel - i prefer the one with white letters on the helmet shell and field...it pops a bit more - nice work!

How come you did the wordmark in one distinctive font (Demonized), but the endzone wordmarks in a different font (Helvetica Bold Condensed Italic)?

Between that and the endzone logos being different from the helmets and midfield, you need to work on your consistency.

Im gonna take a guess and say the Wisconsin motion W endzone logo is the current, and the helmet and midfield logo is his creation. So on that In can see where hes coming from, but truth be told, one of those logos is gonna have to be ditched, and considering the Wisconsin W is such a hot item right now id say thats what needs to go.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I appreciate it! Ii agree with many of your comments. A lot of the usage is at the mercy of the school and the kids and what they want since I want them to be happy with it. any more comments would be great! Thanks.

A lot of the usage is at the mercy of the school and the kids and what they want since I want them to be happy with it.

i know you want your kids to be happy, and i applaud that...but don't you think they would be just as happy if you introduced the concepts of brand consistency and "not stealing another school's logo" to them :)

this would be a really nice high school package if it had some consistency...as it is, it's typical of so many other high schools that use multiple logos and have no true brand identity

A lot of the usage is at the mercy of the school and the kids and what they want since I want them to be happy with it.

i know you want your kids to be happy, and i applaud that...but don't you think they would be just as happy if you introduced the concepts of brand consistency and "not stealing another school's logo" to them :)

this would be a really nice high school package if it had some consistency...as it is, it's typical of so many other high schools that use multiple logos and have no true brand identity

I would tend to agree with you and say yes. However, the motion "WH" was at the school long before I got here and the kids really like it. At the same time I see your point

I would tend to agree with you and say yes. However, the motion "WH" was at the school long before I got here and the kids really like it. At the same time I see your point

Your WH logo kicks the old WH logo's ass. And to top that off, U of Wisconsin is getting really touchy on their motion W, so eliminating it alltogather would probably be best for looks and legality. But as you said, its not really your choice on that one, your just tryin to do what you can to stoke your school up a bit on its athletics. Its up to administration to hopefully make the wise decision to go towards your look.

LOGO/HELMET: Easily better than what your school was working with. Plus, the "Motion W" raises the hackles of the University, so the less you have to do with it, the better off you'll be. Either way, your "WH" monogram is good. Stick with the white letters; the green letters get lost on the green helmet. An alternative idea would be a white helmet with green letters and a black lance.

JERSEY/PANTS: It all looks a little too forced together. With so many elements - the wide striping and large team name most specifically - everything appears to be shoehorned onto the jersey to the point where it doesn't flow together well. All the elements are fighting for what little space is available on the jersey. What's more, the pants are plain white, no stripes. Such a busy jersey would look strange paired with unadorned pants.

FIELD: Again, your monogram trumps the "Motion W" one. Use the one you made - it's very good.

All in all, nicely done...

Archived