Great Hockey Hit

KDubK414

Hopefully the league is looking at this. Things like this are hurting the league tremendously, sure it was a great hit but what happened afterwards is exactly what the NHL needs to avoid. You have guys smaking sticks into the faces of other players, throwing haymakers for no good reason, just not what you want to market to mainstream America.

Don't get me wrong, I grew up on hockey, lived a breathed it. Unfortunetly I've been turned off as of late and have tried my hardest to follow it like I used to but I just have no interest in it. Sure it doesn't help that my Bruins suck, but just the way the league runs and markets itself completely turns me off.

It saddens me the NHL has fallen so far from where it was when I was a child, and it looks truthfully like the Bettman Bunch are satisfied with its current standing aslong as that bald headed bastard is getting paid.

I'm as big a Tootoo fan of the next guy - underdog with Manitoba connections - but he shouldn't have given Robidas a cheap shot like that. Face him up, sure, but that wild swing was wrong. That said, Robidas was bearing down and only a fool questions what his intentions were.

That said, 5 games? I dunno... give 'em 5 and a game, but I don't know if it warranted 5 games. I mean, how fast did that happen? It's not like Tootoo set out to hurt Robidas in any meaningful way...

Can someone explain to me why Robidas got a minor penalty for assault?

I mean if they're going to penalize intent, then there wouldn't be any games played at all.

We shouldn't underestimate the damage his face did to Tootoo's gloved hand... :blink::grin:

Tootoo is a cheap shot artist... There was no reason just to punch Robidas in the face like that... Should've squared off and fought him. Modano however looked like a ***** in all of that... He got rocked, then let his teammate get jacked in the face, all the while he just slashed 22's back

I can see on the one hand, if Robidas is coming to give him the business, you stand up for yourself.

Coldcocking him isn't the way, and he was right to be suspended for it. If there wasn't any threat to him, he should be gone for the year. There is physical play, and then there is plain talentless goonage. Too much of this stuff is happening. They are paying attention but with so many going on, they need to get tough and get this kind of play out of Hockey entirely.

I think Modano is lucky he wasn't dinged for swinging his stick at Tootoo afterwards. That was damn close to his head, and thats something that just got Chris Simon a pass on the res of this hockey season

I can see on the one hand, if Robidas is coming to give him the business, you stand up for yourself.

Coldcocking him isn't the way, and he was right to be suspended for it. If there wasn't any threat to him, he should be gone for the year. There is physical play, and then there is plain talentless goonage. Too much of this stuff is happening. They are paying attention but with so many going on, they need to get tough and get this kind of play out of Hockey entirely.

I think Modano is lucky he wasn't dinged for swinging his stick at Tootoo afterwards. That was damn close to his head, and thats something that just got Chris Simon a pass on the res of this hockey season

Agreed on all accounts, except that Modano's stick swing wasn't near as bad as Simon's. Modano's was much more controlled and he hit him more in the middle of the back then the head.

Still, I could have seen a game or two and a fine.

I don't understand how this warrants a 5 game susepension when Janssen only got 3 games? Seriously this league just keeps looking like more of a joke. If it wasn't for the Leafs (being my favourite team) I wouldn't waste my time with this garbage.

I wouldn't waste my time with this garbage.

so don't. just go back to stalking samsquatches

I said if not for the Leafs. Plus I don't have enough funds to do any research (or stalking as you like to call it).

P.S. Am i know around here as the Sasquatch kid who has bad grammar?

Definitely.

You are known as the Sasquatch kid with bad grammar.

lol that one was actually on purpose, I was trying to make somewhat of a joke. Thanks for ruining it! :D

Definitely.

lol that one was actually on purpose, I was trying to make somewhat of a joke. Thanks for ruining it! :D

Of course you were, pal.

That hit was late there was no need to hit Madano after he passed the puck.

The hit on Modano itself was a clean hit. Modano had just got rid of the puck and by rule the last player to touch is still in possession of the puck. The hit came less than a second after Modano passed the puck. Tootoo was finishing his check.

That said there was no reason to sucker punch coming in. You wait for him in and challenge you and then you square up and fight when both are ready. Sucker punching a player is cheap and it was right that he got suspended.

Definitely.

Of course you were, pal.

I was though. For real! I make a lot of mistakes, that one though was on purpose!

Archived