LA Avengers unveil Alternate jersey

reppact

Those pics remind me of something: I called up the Grand Rapids Rampage in search of a silver jersey, and was told Russell isn't even making them. Bah.

And those Avengers light blues practically cry out for a trip to the mothballs and/or incinerator. Were they at least wearing red socks this time?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You know, many times, powder blue looks great (the Chargers, Oilers, Titans, Bruins, Nuggets, Royals, Cardinals, Mariners, Expos and Blue Jays are available for comment). I went to the Rampage\Avengers game Saturday night and the powder blue looked pale to me: from Section 325 in the first half and Section 104 in the second half. It doesn't jive with anything. There were no jerseys available at Team LA, just jersey tees, with red over blue screenprinting for the numbers. To paraphrase from Gary Larson, VERY unclear on the concept. BTW good game, the Avengers went from not knowing what sport was being played to winning the contest, 75-71.

YIKES! Earlier, I said the light blue jersey didn't look bad (by itself) and needed to see how it looked with the helmet. Upon practice, I have to say, they needed alternate blue helmets to match up. The red helmets jest DO NOT work here.

Lakers Dodgers Angels Kings Dolphins Galaxy Liverpool FC UC Santa Barbara USC Trojans UNLV Rebels

They look like cheap, plastic toys.

Gitlin old chap, I think you might be on to something there. The combo of the cheap-looking screened numbers (very poorly-spaced on the shoulders, I might add,) the out-of-place red helmets, and the jerseys that, at least from these pics, appear to have no spandex side panels... it all creates a look that's reminiscent of the repainted McFarlane Sports Pics you see for sale on eBay.

Oh, and light blue and skin-tight is not flattering on a fat man.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think the reason for the iron on numbers for LA, Chicago and Dallas is below.

"IT?S GOTTA BE THE JERSEY: All 19 AFL teams are wearing Russell Athletic uniforms this season but only three are wearing Russell's Xtreme Compression jersey. The XC is one of the most innovative jerseys ever constructed. It includes compression fit material that is difficult to grab, ventilator technology to accelerate body cooling, Dri-Power technology to wick moisture away from the body, and Anti-Microbial technology to help eliminate odor.

The results of the XC can be found in the AFL standings. The three teams who wear it -- Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles -- have a combined 15-4 (.789) record. Chicago and Dallas are leading their respective divisions and Los Angeles is tied for second place in the West."

Link Here

Oh, and light blue and skin-tight is not flattering on a fat man.

heh, skin-tight peroid aint flatterin on a fat man, which I know from being big myself :D and making a size 52 jersey that was supposed to be a 56 (and with a too-wide collar, to boot) only drove that point home to me.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived