Best goals in Hockey History

josh_cat_eyes

Crosby HotDogging Lacrosse move in Junior is way up there with Ovechkin's flat on his face.

This is Mike Legg's move, not Crosby's. It was also done by Hisey in a game in a European league.

I would say Datyuk's move against Turco (and even better on Vokoun:

) is one of my favorites. Ryan Getzlaf has also used the move:

Before anyone post any I would like to say I don't think shootout goals should count. For 2 reasons:

1. They actually don't count as goals, the player does not get credit for a goal.

2. There is no defenders on the ice. It's easier to make a fancy move when there is no defensemen bearing down on you.

So should breakaway goals not count either?

Before anyone post any I would like to say I don't think shootout goals should count. For 2 reasons:

1. They actually don't count as goals, the player does not get credit for a goal.

2. There is no defenders on the ice. It's easier to make a fancy move when there is no defensemen bearing down on you.

Why would breakaway goals not count? There's a major difference between a shootout goal and a breakaway goal.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Why would breakaway goals not count? There's a major difference between a shootout goal and a breakaway goal.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Yah it takes effort to get and score on a breakaway. Unlike a shoot-out where your just give a clear cut breakaway.

untitled-6.jpg

Yeah... just like playoff goals.

Playoff goals (and other stats) do appear on a players career stat sheet though. In addition those goals do count toward the score of the game directly where as a shootout does not. If a team scores 3 shootout goals they are only given 1 goal on the scoreboard for the win.

As for the person who ask should breakaways count then? Yes, you have to beat a defender to get a breakaway and you also have a defender chasing you. Same thing with a penalty shot in order to get the penalty shot you must first get a breakaway which means you beat a defender. Although I personally wouldn't consider a penalty shot goal an all time great goal. A shootout is contrived and is separated from the game and therefor I don't think they should count toward this discussion.

Archived