Sign in to follow this  
TFoA

Falcons Trade Matt Schaub To...

:therock: Am I the only guy who thinks Carr and Schaub will both benefit from this deal???

For Schaub, I got two words: Brett Favre. This guy was in a similar situation when he was on the Falcons (as a backup), went to Green Bay, and look, we have ourselves a future HOF'er. I'm not saying this will happen to Schaub, but anything is possible.

For Carr, as someone said earlier, he is a great quarterback who needs the right fit. He's young and actually reminds of Steve Young. If he can get a good O-Line, he has the potential to be a star in the making. I hope KC picks him up (I'm not sure if Huard will do the job).

Yes. Oh yes. Pleeeease sign Aaron Brooks. BWAAHA HAA HAA HA!

And BTW, all you guys saying Houston got screwed, it's way too early to tell. We'll see if it's a good trade for the Falcons based on what Schaub does in Houston and what the Falcons do with those draft picks. Their top picks the last few seasons haven't exactly piled up the stats.

So if Schaub's in the Pro Bowl, Vick gets injured, Brooks or whoever comes in and the Falcons end up 7-9, and these picks suck as much as many Atlanta draftees have lately, you'd have to agree that Houston didn't necessarily get owned. We'll see.

So if Schaub's in the Pro Bowl, Vick gets injured, Brooks or whoever comes in and the Falcons end up 7-9, and these picks suck as much as many Atlanta draftees have lately, you'd have to agree that Houston didn't necessarily get owned. We'll see.

I don't know about that... people may disagree, but I don't see Atlanta as a legitimate Super Bowl contender this year whether or not they kept Schaub. Considering he would have walked after the season, when he would have been a UFA, and the Falcons would have gotten NOTHING in return, trading him now was the right move. That's true even if Vick gets hurt this year and the world gets treated to the astounding skills (or lack thereof) of D.J. Shockley.

By the way, D.J. Shockley has the coolest name ever.

I don't know about that... people may disagree, but I don't see Atlanta as a legitimate Super Bowl contender this year whether or not they kept Schaub. Considering he would have walked after the season, when he would have been a UFA, and the Falcons would have gotten NOTHING in return, trading him now was the right move. That's true even if Vick gets hurt this year and the world gets treated to the astounding skills (or lack thereof) of D.J. Shockley.

By the way, D.J. Shockley has the coolest name ever.

You're right, and I agree the Falcons were right to trade him. I disagree with all the Falcons fans crowing about how they hosed the Texans. Time will tell.

I heard the Falcons are close to signing Tim Rattay as their back-up.

That would be a good move. Rattay would be an excellent #2. I always thought he was underrated.

I heard the Falcons are close to signing Tim Rattay as their back-up.

That would be a good move. Rattay would be an excellent #2. I always thought he was underrated.

...but talk about a contrast in styles. The offense would really need to adjust if Rattay ever got in.

Arm strength: Vick - laser rocket, Rattay - weak

Smarts: Vick - "airport security?", Rattay - future coach

Mobility: Vick - mongoose-like, Rattay - Bledsoesque

Accuracy: Vick - can overthrow Brian Finneran, Rattay - played entirely in WCO

Considering the Texans still haven't fixed their #1 problem since they've existed, the O-Line, then what does that say for Schaub, who's basically a slower version of David Carr? As long as they don't fix that O-Line, then us going 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 would still be an improvement over them going 7-9, 6-10, and 5-11.

I mean, the dude's averaged 50 sacks a year, and it's universally accepted that the reason behind that is the fact that his line was basically a turnstile. I wish Schaubie the best...but if they don't fix that O-Line, it's not gonna be good for him.

But come on now: How can you not say that getting 3 picks in the top 44 of a pretty strong draft just for a backup QB is not a hosing???

Now all we need is for the Raiders to pick him up, and Al Davis to continue his tradtion of not picking QBs and instead picking the most fashionable player (Calvin Johnson) so that he won't come to TB and even have a chance of seeing that guy in the NFC South. A WR can't change a team (especially not that one) but it'd be better to not have him in our hair.

I'm guessing the Saints will pick him up. After all, their owner has had a tremendous amount of success dealing with used Carrs.

I sincerely apologize.

Anyone think that Detroit might make a run at him? No, that's not another Carr joke. This might be the kind of guy with whom Mike Martz could work fairly well.

I'm guessing the Saints will pick him up. After all, their owner has had a tremendous amount of success dealing with used Carrs.

postofday.png

postofday.png

I'm honored.

Now I have to figure out a way to frame the internet.

Screenshot + Photo Editing Software + Print + Buy Frame = Win.

But come on now: How can you not say that getting 3 picks in the top 44 of a pretty strong draft just for a backup QB is not a hosing???

I can say that because Atlanta's recent draft pics include Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Jimmy Williams, DeAngelo Hall (legend in his own mind, and every time he's called a "shutdown corner" I just envision him chasing Devery Henderson :D ), Chris Crocker (2 for 1 - he was chasing Devery too!), T.J. Duckett...

If the Falcons make those picks count, I'll agree wholeheartedly that they got the best end of the deal, even if Schaub does well in Houston. If they don't, then it's a different story.

Suddenly, that Houston at Atlanta game in 2007 just got a bit more interesting!

How much you wanna bet there's gonna be more than a fair share of "Falcon fans" who show up in Schaub jerseys? <_<

I can say that because Atlanta's recent draft pics include Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Jimmy Williams, DeAngelo Hall (legend in his own mind, and every time he's called a "shutdown corner" I just envision him chasing Devery Henderson :D ), Chris Crocker (2 for 1 - he was chasing Devery too!), T.J. Duckett...

If we can get some steals out of those picks like the guy whose video can be found in my sig, then we'll get the better end of that trade.

If we can get some steals out of those picks like the guy whose video can be found in my sig, then we'll get the better end of that trade.

To play on your video title, this one's called "Jerious Norwood OWNED." :P

14-8D5923.jpg