Chicago Howlers fantasy hockey team.

deked73

I have another version of this team for a yahoo fantasy league called the Chitown Howlers that I had made a concept for some time back. I am thinking of applying for the MLH as an expansion team for next season. I created a new uniform set, new secondary logo, and wordmark. I call them the Howlers mainly for three reasons, 1/ I am a diehard Chicago Wolves fan hence the similar color scheme. 2/ I have a great fondness for wolves and visit the Mexican gray wolves at Brookfield Zoo as often as I can. I have several different items that are wolf themed from calenders to shirts to figures and so on. Lastly, if anyone that has been to Chicago knows when that wind gets going it really howls.

1st the wordmark.

chicagohowlersid.jpg

the logos.

chicagohowlerslogos.jpg

the home set.

chicagohowlersmlhsml.jpg

the road set

chicagohowlersmlhroadsml.jpg

the alternate.

chicagohowlersmlhthirdsml.jpg

The design is based on the flag of Chicago and has the patches for the police and fire depts.

what it looks on a player.

hockeyplayer2bjnkc.jpg

Comcast Center home rink.

howlersarena2c.jpg

That is my boys what ya think?

C&C welcomed :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

The primary logo reminds me of the phoenix coyotes alternate logo. A lot. The secondary logo looks positively awesome. Love the moon.

The home and away jerseys are lovely. The color scheme fits well, and you kept it simple.

The alternate doesn't work for me. Logo colors contrast with the blue too much, and they just don't fit at all.

I give most people props just for showing us a rink, but, for going all out like that and making an arena, let alone one so good looking? You have an incredible amount of cool points in my book.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

The primary logo reminds me of the phoenix coyotes alternate logo. A lot. The secondary logo looks positively awesome. Love the moon.

The home and away jerseys are lovely. The color scheme fits well, and you kept it simple.

The alternate doesn't work for me. Logo colors contrast with the blue too much, and they just don't fit at all.

I give most people props just for showing us a rink, but, for going all out like that and making an arena, let alone one so good looking? You have an incredible amount of cool points in my book.

The moon is an exact knock off of the coyotes with just a city skyline added.

I will admit that the Coyotes logo inspired me but I did not copy it, I made my own moon I tried to curve it some more to lose the similarity to PHO. I guess I didn't get it curved enough though, but I never looked at the PHO logo at all while making mine. The moon was actually supposed to represent a C, and the skyline of Chicago looking west from Lake Michigan is one that I made for a tshirt design just condensed the city's length and put water in the foreground. :hockeysmiley:

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

deked looks good, but espo the moon deked made is just a little different. For it to be an exact knockoff the angle of the light of the moon would have to be slightly down a bit and the outlining would be just a little thicker.

PHX_171.gif

Take a look at it yourself, while they look similar they look nothing alike

btw deked, is that the same logo you used for your Underground Hockey League logo?

The team logo, yes. The league logo, no. I made a different logo for the MLH to mimic the the AHL logo a bit. I used the Carolina Canes logo for the shape of it. I was just trying to whip up something quick for my concept. I have been thinking of combining some of The present MLH shield logo and the AHL's oval and circular logos to create a brand new MLH logo. I just haven't gotten that far yet. :hockeysmiley:

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Well I went through the posts on here and created a new alternate jersey design. I took inspiration from all the people that are making barberpole jerseys on this forum and a buddy that has a Blackhawks barberpole.

first the original alternate.

chicagohowlersmlhthirdsml.jpg

The design is based on the flag of Chicago and has the patches for the police and fire depts.

The new barberpole alternate design.

chicagohowlersmlhthird2sml.jpg

Which one should I use for my application?

C&C welcomed :hockeysmiley:

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

yea that barberpole alt is pretty awsome. i guess its the colors with the design that make it looks so good. deff. suggest u using that as one of the jerseys. Also even though they're are similarities to the phoenix coyotes i dont think your wolf and moon logo look to much like phoenix. overall great job

while they look similar they look nothing alike

I love that quote.

This whole concept is very clearly just a ripoff of the Coyotes (the colors and both logos).

That said, its a fantasy concept so I don't think it's such a bad thing. Obviously no real team could get away with wearing these unis, but for a fantasy application these are great.

GoNordiques is right, though. The snout needs work. I'll add that the ear is HUGE.

I appreciate all of the C&C. As far as the snout goes I have been a little stubborn in messing with it. I found a pic of a real wolf and used it for the basic shape of the logo, I guess that wolf just has an abnormally large ear. But, I will try to give it a shot later on with fixing the snout.

As far as the jersey sets go I found a junior team that is wearing similar design, but the sleeve striping is a bit different. I felt that the way the shoulders were designed that it had a great fit with a nickname of Chicago, "The city of Big Shoulders". Anyway I wanted to put my original design up and tell me what you think. Should I make my original design the one I use for the application for the MLH or the new ones? I just want to get some opinions. Thanks.

chihowlrshome.jpg

chihowlrsroad.jpg

chihowlrsthird.jpg

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived