Anyone Know Anything New About The Dolphins Jersey Change?

Rocky Raccoon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team that kills me is the Browns. Their uniforms are horrible, they have no real logo at all, and for all their supposed "tradition", last I checked they had never even played in a Superbowl...

In this one short statement, you've summed up your sports iQ. Good Job.

Have fun trying to earn any credability for your opinions.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The team that kills me is the Browns. Their uniforms are horrible, they have no real logo at all, and for all their supposed "tradition", last I checked they had never even played in a Superbowl...

NFL history - and that of the Browns - precedes the mid-'60s, when Super Bowls began. (I'm sure you knew that, right?) Perhaps names like Jim Brown, Lou Groza, Marion Motley or Otto Graham ring a bell? If not, the nice gentlemen in Canton would too happy to enlighten you and show you all 16 enshrined Browns in the Hall of Fame (4th most of any team). By the same token, and despite them going to a single Super Bowl, I'd wager my life savings that most football fans would agree the Browns have developed more tradition over 60 seasons than certain teams that have made or even won a Super Bowl (see: Panthers, Carolina [1st season, 1995]; Buccaneers, Tampa Bay [an institution since 1976]).

WAY off topic but you need to change your sig....like now. Or edit out the 2007 part. They choked bad tonight.

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

NFL history - and that of the Browns - precedes the mid-'60s, when Super Bowls began. (I'm sure you knew that, right?) Perhaps names like Jim Brown, Lou Groza, Marion Motley or Otto Graham ring a bell? If not, the nice gentlemen in Canton would too happy to enlighten you and show you all 16 enshrined Browns in the Hall of Fame (4th most of any team). By the same token, and despite them going to a single Super Bowl, I'd wager my life savings that most football fans would agree the Browns have developed more tradition over 60 seasons than certain teams that have made or even won a Super Bowl (see: Panthers, Carolina [1st season, 1995]; Buccaneers, Tampa Bay [an institution since 1976]).

WAY off topic but you need to change your sig....like now. Or edit out the 2007 part. They choked bad tonight.

Did they not win the ACC this year?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I know they are supposed to change the numbers but the Dolphins also said they were looking into making more changes. Thing is I haven't seen or heard anything and now that they're selling Joey Porter jerseys I wonder if they're gonna change them at all. Anyone hear anything?

Here's the change. If you look, you can see the shadowing, numbers, and nameplates are thinned out a litlte bit. It makes them a little more readable. Other than that, it's barely a change. In fact I don't think most people would notice.

p3620619dt.jpg

FF_33485ALT1_xl.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

They added black. Boo on them.

Actually I think that's a really dark navy...and a pretty sad job of Photoshopping--note the navy trim on the sleeves and the discrepancy between that and the "navy" shadow on the numbers...plus, the orange trim on the numbers looks thicker on the Porter version...

WAY off topic, but...who wants to hedge a bet on how long it'll take Joseph Eugene Porter to run into some type of trouble down there on South Beach for running his mouth? (He done already got his face on a blotter for that incident in Vegas with Levi Jones...just couldn't wait...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Actually I think that's a really dark navy...and a pretty sad job of Photoshopping--note the navy trim on the sleeves and the discrepancy between that and the "navy" shadow on the numbers...plus, the orange trim on the numbers looks thicker on the Porter version...

WAY off topic, but...who wants to hedge a bet on how long it'll take Joseph Eugene Porter to run into some type of trouble down there on South Beach for running his mouth? (He done already got his face on a blotter for that incident in Vegas with Levi Jones...just couldn't wait...)

There's also a navy drop shadow on both sides of the angle on the 5 -- that doesn't make sense if it's supposed to be a shadow. It should only be on the right side, not the left.

It's where I sit.

There's also a navy drop shadow on both sides of the angle on the 5 -- that doesn't make sense if it's supposed to be a shadow. It should only be on the right side, not the left.

Upon further review...

...very true, my friend. Very true. Hence adding to my original assertion of a badly executed--no, that'd be too much of a compliment--sad-a$$ attempt at Photoshopping.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, here's are the Fins' new jerseys. Big changes I noticed were a change in the direction of the drop shadow, a smaller drop shadow, and a much more vivid orange. The numbers come across as much crisper

New

Old

Very, very small changes, but a dramatic improvement.

EDIT: Btw, here's Porter's jersey.

cttdolphins2.png

Okay, here's are the Fins' new jerseys. Big changes I noticed were a change in the direction of the drop shadow, a smaller drop shadow, and a much more vivid orange. The numbers come across as much crisper

New

Old

Very, very small changes, but a dramatic improvement.

EDIT: Btw, here's Porter's jersey.

And no, it's not gonna look like this, either. Crissakes, on the Roth jersey, it's the wrong number font, the drop shadow is going up and to the right instead of down and to the right, and the shadow isn't "attached" to the number - it's just a black number underneath and offset from the aqua one.

With a change this subtle, I believe we're just gonna have to wait to see actual printing or sewing onto a real, live jersey before we can properly judge the alterations.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Withholding judgement.

Everybody needs to get their panties out of the twist they're in.

It's a PhotoShop, and a poorly done one at that. This is absolutely inconclusive with regard to color or number style. Until I see an actual jersey worn by an actual person, this means nothing.

Moreover, why would they make a Joey Porter jersey in the "old style" that mirrors the Taylor jersey but NOT the Matt Roth?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

And no, it's not gonna look like this, either.

Uh, yes, it is. That's the Miami Dolphins' official online store, in case you didn't look at the URL.

Withholding judgement.

It's a PhotoShop, and a poorly done one at that. This is absolutely inconclusive with regard to color or number style. Until I see an actual jersey worn by an actual person, this means nothing.

Moreover, why would they make a Joey Porter jersey in the "old style" that mirrors the Taylor jersey but NOT the Matt Roth?

Look at the upper right hand corner. It says "Miami Dolphins Official Online Pro Shop". That means everything there is OFFICIAL.

As for why Crowder and Roth have the new jerseys and the others don't, there are three possible answers.

1) Roth and Crowder probably volunteered to test wear the new uniforms, thus their final jerseys are going to be the first of the lot.

2) Brown, Chambers, Taylor, Thomas, and Allen all have pre-existing stock that needs to be cleared before the new jerseys go up. Their jerseys are probably in a store room somewhere smelling like packaging plastic, waiting to be opened.

3) I have no clue why Porter doesn't have a new style jersey. You're right, he should have the new jerseys. My only thought is that the Fins aren't above making a quick buck from people who just want a Porter jersey and don't care if it's in the old style.

Anyway, the draft is five days hence, which means that on Saturday, come pick #9, we'll see the new Miami Dolphins jersey.

cttdolphins2.png

Really? Which NFL teams have done it? Anyway, in case you haven't noticed there is a price tag attached to those jerseys, the Dolphins can get in a lot of legal trouble if they misrepresent their products and somebody buys a Roth or Crowder jersey expecting to get the new ones and instead gets an old one.

cttdolphins2.png

Easy, cowboy. No need to get snippy.

Anyway, in case you haven't noticed there is a price tag attached to those jerseys, the Dolphins can get in a lot of legal trouble if they misrepresent their products and somebody buys a Roth or Crowder jersey expecting to get the new ones and instead gets an old one.

There's a difference between ordering a new one and getting an old one and ordering a new one and getting a new one that is slightly different from the Photoshop image on the website. I think "legal trouble" might be overstating it just a bit.

Really? Which NFL teams have done it?

I can't tell you. I can't make any claim towards the NFL shop's Photoshop mockups. But the NBA has done it on several occassions. That's why I said that this wouldn't be the first time an official club shop had Photoshop mockups on its site that didn't match new merchandise.

Online sites can make mistakes, even official ones. That was my entire point.

Really? Which NFL teams have done it?

Most of them. Believe it or not, you rarely see actual jerseys pictured on team and league websites. Most player jerseys have the lettering photoshopped on a blank. The MLB online team shop usually uses the same java-based program that lets you see what a jersey customized with your name would look like.

Both of the Dolphins jerseys pictured on this page have photoshopped numbers. The most obvious indication of this is that the numbers have no texture or shadow to them, despite the jersey surrounding the numbers having both.

And no, it's not gonna look like this, either.

Uh, yes, it is. That's the Miami Dolphins' official online store, in case you didn't look at the URL.

Withholding judgement.

Look at the upper right hand corner. It says "Miami Dolphins Official Online Pro Shop". That means everything there is OFFICIAL.

As for why Crowder and Roth have the new jerseys and the others don't, there are three possible answers.

1) Roth and Crowder probably volunteered to test wear the new uniforms, thus their final jerseys are going to be the first of the lot.

2) Brown, Chambers, Taylor, Thomas, and Allen all have pre-existing stock that needs to be cleared before the new jerseys go up. Their jerseys are probably in a store room somewhere smelling like packaging plastic, waiting to be opened.

3) I have no clue why Porter doesn't have a new style jersey. You're right, he should have the new jerseys. My only thought is that the Fins aren't above making a quick buck from people who just want a Porter jersey and don't care if it's in the old style.

Anyway, the draft is five days hence, which means that on Saturday, come pick #9, we'll see the new Miami Dolphins jersey.

I know I shouldn't be questioning an official and infallible website, but look at the sleeve numbers on the Roth jersey. The 9 has the "old" drop-shadow, while the 8 has the alleged "new" one. I'm just going to guess that they won't appear that way on the field, but what do I know.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No, the 9 and 8 on the Roth jersey are both the new ones. I compared it to the Taylor jersey which has the old 9.

Both of the Dolphins jerseys pictured on this page have photoshopped numbers. The most obvious indication of this is that the numbers have no texture or shadow to them, despite the jersey surrounding the numbers having both.

Maybe the numbers are photoshopped. I put it under zoom and there are all kinds of compression artifacts. The white areas of the jersey also lack detail. However, that's not the same thing as saying the jerseys are not representative of what the real product will be (in other words, fakes) like VitaminD did.

Easy, cowboy. No need to get snippy.

Sorry, VitaminD's comment annoyed me.

Online sites can make mistakes, even official ones. That was my entire point.

Yes, they can, but it seems to me to be a rather silly mistake to make when those jerseys have been worked on for God only knows how long and kept tightly under wraps until this passed weekend. It also seems to me that if it were a mistake it would've been correct a while ago.

cttdolphins2.png

Archived