Anyone Know Anything New About The Dolphins Jersey Change?

Rocky Raccoon

The right 5 on the front view of the Seau jersey is missing some shadowing details. Look closely.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know they are supposed to change the numbers but the Dolphins also said they were looking into making more changes. Thing is I haven't seen or heard anything and now that they're selling Joey Porter jerseys I wonder if they're gonna change them at all. Anyone hear anything?

Here's the change. If you look, you can see the shadowing, numbers, and nameplates are thinned out a litlte bit. It makes them a little more readable. Other than that, it's barely a change. In fact I don't think most people would notice.

p3620619dt.jpg

FF_33485ALT1_xl.jpg

a disturbing trend that I hope this picture is not correct on, is the wordmark being so far from the collar. The Giants do it and so do a few others. The wordmark is great, but only when it is an even distance between the collar and the numbers. The distance is pretty great between the Seau and Porter Jerseys.

I agree, but I think it's only like that on the replicas. I'm pretty sure the wordmark and the front numbers are on the same press or whatever, which is why they're always so close together and distanced from the collar. But on the authentics, when the wordmark is sewn on before the numbers, the spacing seems to be equal.

You are a Mariner fan AND a Dolphin fan? Are you teal obsessed or do you just hate yourself? :)

First, the Dolphins' primary color is aqua, what the Jags and Mariners have is teal. And no, I'm not obsessed with either color. I grew up in Kansas and there no home teams at the time except for college (still aren't, since the Wichita Stealth became the KC Brigade.) So, I just picked my favorite teams based on my favorite players (Marino for the Fins, Griffey Jr for the Mariners, Roy for the Avalanche, Magic for the Lakers.)

cttdolphins2.png

Actually, that's a fairly noticeable change. I would've seen it even if you hadn't posted the Seau jersey. Orange outline is thickened, drop shadow is shrunk, and the base lettering in general isn't as beefy. Looks a lot better to my eyes.

cttdolphins2.png

Archived