Chicago Bulls concept...

KaTo

Decent ideas happening, but it's not superior to what the Bulls already have. The Jordan era jerseys are never going to be replaced, nor should they.

Anyway, the bull on the shorts gets lost on the full stripe, somewhat on the black of the roads, totally on the red at home. It really works better on the diamond. Second, I hate wishbone collars. That's just how it is. I don't like the two-part side panels, either. All in all, with the side panels and wishbone, this feels like the same sort of update the Lakers received. The Bulls are a tough team to do this for. Simplicity + success in real life = very uphill concept proposals. I'm also a Bulls fan, and grew up with the dynasty, so I'm being even more unforgiving still.

They remind me a lot of your Celtics concept. Granted, the Celtics and Bulls have similar jerseys currently, but, that's one of the points of concepts. To find a way to create without being to absurd.

That said, they're nice. I like the black sidestripe. But, like the person above me said, I wouldn't really consider it an upgrade from their possibly perfect jerseys.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

They are a nice update and I would go for them 100% (regardless of the tradition thing people get stuck on) besides the fact that the bull gets lost on the side of the shorts. It needs to be presented better somehow on the shorts like they have it now...

It's not just a matter of being "unreasonably stuck on" tradition, it's the fact that even though they're pretty good, they're not better than what they already have. For the record, I would change the red jerseys (we're talking about real uniforms now) so that they used the Chicago script from the black alts, but I realize that such a change, though technically an improvement and righting the wrong of using nicknames on home and road, would remove them from the Jordan years. Can't do that. You know--and I'm going on a tangent here, who cares--it's weird to be a Bulls fan sometimes. Unlike the Celtics and Lakers, who have had several dynasties within their histories, the Bulls were a comparative supernova: for most of the 1990s, they were bigger than basketball, bigger than the NBA, bigger than sports. The Chicago Bulls transcended all that, and were a major part of what it meant to grow up in the 1990s. Pre-Jordan Chicago basketball is Jerry Sloan, Norm Van Lier, and not a whole hell of a lot else. And while the club is on the upswing after six years of crap, you can't help but have this weird conflicted feeling as you root on Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, and Deng: you want them to win it all, because you're a Bulls fan, but you know that it'll never, ever, ever be the same again.

Archived