Washington Capitals concept

Le Québécois

As concepts go, this is OK. A bit flashy and overdecorated for my taste, but certainly not out of line with current NHL unis, and you've presented the concept very nicely. You show the colors, in particular, to best effect for imagining how it would look in fabric. Love the pants, and the downplaying of black.

But I find I just never really like Caps concepts that use the Capitol dome logo. That crest just doesn't look right to me on a jersey front. Too much tiny detail (and lettering!) and the shape and symmetry of the logo makes it look very static. A hockey jersey is such a large piece of fabric, and it has so many fixed, static elements (numbers &c.) that the crest on the front needs to be dynamic. The Capitol dome crest always looked to me more like the sponsor's logo you see on some little league jerseys than a team's uniform logo. Makes players look like they're standing still, which is a bad thing for a hockey jersey to do. Now, if the Caps were, say, the Lightning, and this ugly crest was all the team had, fine. But the Caps also have that awesome starry eagle logo, which looks absolutely faboo on a hockey jersey in action.

This isn't really a critique of this concept in particular, but to my mind any concept that puts the Capitol dome logo on a jersey front is a failure. Or at least very, very disappointing.

In this particular case, the sleeves look like wing feathers to me, so it's doubly disappointing not to see the eagle logo on the shirt front.

20082614447.png

There's too many random geometric shapes going on here, and no consistent feel in the striping throughout the uniform. The socks, pants and jersey bottom all have different striping. And the sleeves feel like you put all the shapes in just cuz you could. I'd try simplifying a bit, picking an element and trying to keep it more consistent throughout the uniform.

you'd have something nice if you switched the gold with the blue...i think it'd look good on an actual jersey...but on computer as an image it just looks too geometrically contradictary is that what i wanna say? too many shapes i think lol but yeah switch the gold with the blue on the arms and youve got something nice i think.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived