Baltimore Orioles

blackbeard's delight

My idea for some new duds for the O's. I love the two-tone green & yellow stirrup / sock combo the A's use, so I thought I'd intro it into this look. Orange top is the home alternate, which is basically the early 1980's set. I have fond memories of those uniforms growing up in Maryland during that time. The black is the away alternate. The other gray set with the swinging oriole was just an idea

I had, thinking it might look good with the "O's" hat. I sort of resembles the alternate set the Indians had (still have?) with the cursive "I" logo hat. I made the "O's" hat solid black, which I think makes it look a little better. Also brought back the smiling oriole hat logo and got rid of the anatomically correct bird. Any thoughts?

431427094_7a8e5a3d7c_b.jpg

These are really sharp. A good blend of the past and modern enough to where they're not too out of place.

The only thing I would change is the number to the opposite side of the logo on the away alt. The right side is too plain.

philly.png

These are really sharp. A good blend of the past and modern enough to where they're not too out of place.

BigBrain said it all but I will add...

These are very good!!! Take the money and run - I love them! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like it all, except:

1. The gray alternate with the Swinging Bird. Cartoony logos look a little hacky for a major league team's jersey, and you already have the Cartoon Bird's head on the cap. Also, numbers NEVER go on the same side as a left-sided chest logo - if they must go somewhere, they go on the right chest in apposition to the left chest logo, and just a little bit lower on the torso.

2. The "O's" cap is a bad idea. It's not your fault, it's the team's; but still, it doesn't need to be used.

3. The all-black cap. Again, there is no defensible reason to give a team 4 caps. The orange bill provides some contrast, and the white-panel fronted one is a great throwback (just bought one myself) to a successful era in Orioles history. The all-black cap brings nothing to the table in terms of design.

4. A little bit of orange overkill on the home and road primaries. I was thinking maybe black numbers with the orange script. It'd be a sort of reverse homage to the Dodgers and their red numbers on the front, only by reversing the colors, the player number wouldn't stand out as ostentatiously as the Dodgers' front numbers do, but would still provide some contrast. It might not work, but it may be worth a shot.

5. Not a fan of 5 jerseys for any 1 team. Home, road, alternate to cover both. There's no reason to turn a game into a fashion show and give a team that many options for each game. This is just overkill - a uniform is a means of establishing brand identity, and if a team is able to change its look 5 times in a week, you lose the repetition needed to reinforce the identity of the team. Other teams wear those colors, other teams have birds as mascots, so casual or new fans may be lost if a team is trotting out a new look every day.

These critiques aside, this is very sharp, and very well done. You have within this concept exactly what the Orioles should be wearing (and a little bit more). Nicely done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived