Anaheim Ducks Concept - My 1st Concept.

Flame

On to the concept: Sorry for using paint, I don't have any other program. I recolored the original logo to the new colors, used the current "D" logo for the shoulder patch, and the striping is from the original jerseys, where they go diagonally down, also combined with the new jerseys where the curve and go up a bit. I was thinking of doing a black alternate, but decided against it. Oh, and I also kept the current font for numbers and names.

I will take ALL C&C and try my best to improve it, thanks!

OLD:

anaheimducksconcepteo0.png

NEW

anaheimducksconcept2ja7.png

What's Changed: Added pants & Socks.

Changed striping almost completely.

Edited the shoulder patches and numbers like Josh said.

Added an orange alt with a new striping pattern. What I tried to do was make it like the Ducks mouth in the main logo, it didn't work though. I also lightened the orange in the alt, but still kept a dark orange for the main jerseys.

In the alt, made the striping go all around like Roger suggested.

I didn't understand what Roger said by 'placing numbers below sleeve striping' so if I didn't do that, my apologies.

Sorry for the wait in editing, I had lots of work to do this week. Anyways, more C&C please!

espnsignq8.png

First off, welcome. I gotta say that I like how you combined the current and past into one jersey here. The colors and everything look good, but to me it looks like a minor league jersey, that's not an insult to you, that's just what I see. I think it is because the way the bottom stripe changes in thinkness. I really like that aspect, but it reminds me of an AHL jersey than NHL. Good work, it looks like you have done more than one concept, well put together.

SEAsig.png

Very good for your first concept (better than my first one.) but think that the striping needs to be consistant and you messed up the shoulder patch up. Why is it backwards in the back and how come its facing forward. Usaully shoulder patches are turned sideways facing the sleeve.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I like the sleeve striping, but I don't like this strange concept trend of making your bottom stripes have diagonals in them. I just don't get it. Also, I'm really just not sold on the color of the dark one. However, it promises to be better than my first concept (which I'll get around to eventually). Good effort. I'm sure you'll improve with time.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I personally cannot stand their current logo, so for the most part I much prefer this one you've put together here.

My criticisms are basically the same as everyone else.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

I'll definately give you points for effort. You definately have a lot of design potential.

That said, this design appears to be clash of several different design elements, and none of them work. Placing numbers below all sleeve striping, IMO, never works. And the fact that the stripes come up the sleeve and are suddenly cut off by the shoulder panel looks bad. That weird Capitals-style sash with the extra thick stripes on the lower side throws the jersey way off balance. I do like the idea of an orange collar though.

While this concept is very busy and is a massive clash of ideas that don't work together, I can see a lot of effory and originality went into it, which, even if it doesn't work, is applauded here. I very much look forward to seeing more of your work.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Bump.

anaheimducksconcept2ja8.png

What's Changed: Added pants & Socks.

Changed striping almost completely.

Edited the shoulder patches and numbers like Josh said.

Added an orange alt with a new striping pattern. What I tried to do was make it like the Ducks mouth in the main logo, it didn't work though. I also lightened the orange in the alt, but still kept a dark orange for the main jerseys.

In the alt, made the striping go all around like Roger suggested.

I didn't understand what Roger said by 'placing numbers below sleeve striping' so if I didn't do that, my apologies.

Sorry for the wait in editing, I had lots of work to do this week. Anyways, more C&C please!

espnsignq8.png

• 3 months later...

I love them!! But there is a problem, i doubt the Ducks will go back to that logo :(

Other then that though they are a perfect design for the former champions.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• 1 month later...

Archived