DREADFUL COURTS - Some ideas to improve em'

dbackdiehard17

I know this topic has been posted, but I had some suggestions/comments to make, that would probably not have been noticed if i left the reply at the bottom of this topic.

These identical courts are dreadful.

A few things to point out:

1. The color scheme is borrring. (This leads me to believe that the NCAA and Nike are also designing courts now too (lol)... The new uniforms are dreadful, and so are these courts.

2. The font is like they didn't even try. At least come up with an interesting font. The courts are just so boring.

3. The NCAA logo at midcourt is too simple. It works when you have different color schemes, but for the NCAA to use black, with that really stupid blue half a circle thing, is just a waste.

4. The afforementioned blue circle is terrible.

5. There should be a sweet 16 logo made if they're going to do this.

6. The logos of the four teams in that region should be placed on the court.

7. Just imagine a non-basketball fan turning on a game, and thinking that it's the same game, because they're too lazy to look at the scoreboard, and see the identical looking court.

8. I really hope the Final Four court is a heck of a lot better to look at then this.

9. The great thing about different courts is that it allowed you to look back at games and immediatley recognize which game that was. I just think it's more fun to look at as well.

10. So that's my thoughts...

What do you guys think?

1. The color scheme is borrring. (This leads me to believe that the NCAA and Nike are also designing courts now too (lol)... The new uniforms are dreadful, and so are these courts.

Boring? Maybe, but I like it. It doesn't distract at all from the game, unlike the crap at HSBC arena. It may not be fabulous, but it isn't ugly. It is rather unremarkable, which IMO is just how it should be.

2. The font is like they didn't even try. At least come up with an interesting font. The courts are just so boring.

See above.

3. The NCAA logo at midcourt is too simple. It works when you have different color schemes, but for the NCAA to use black, with that really stupid blue half a circle thing, is just a waste.

The logo is rather poor, but again, it is so blah that I don't even notice it. If it was ridiculously awesome or sucktastic, it may just be a distraction.

4. The afforementioned blue circle is terrible.

I like it. It breaks up the monotony just enough without being garish.

5. There should be a sweet 16 logo made if they're going to do this.

Agreed. Despite what I said in my response to point 3, as a logo / design fan, I'd like to see some kind of logo made for each round. It would only be natural for said logo to appear at center court.

6. The logos of the four teams in that region should be placed on the court.

Not enough time to pull this off without resorting to stickers. Could look cheesy, and would take away from the host U's logo.

7. Just imagine a non-basketball fan turning on a game, and thinking that it's the same game, because they're too lazy to look at the scoreboard, and see the identical looking court.

I think that type of fan would think it is the same game regardless of the court design. You honestly can't cater to those people. From the NCAA's perspective, as long as that moron is watching, who cares what game they think it is? Between the scoreboards, unis, etc., there is more than enough info. at your disposal to determine who is playing. Baseball diamonds look the same, but I doubt anyone gets confused while toggling games.

8. I really hope the Final Four court is a heck of a lot better to look at then this.

I hope it is slightly different, but basically the same in terms of "shock" value (sorry, couldn't think of the right word) (doesn't take away from the game at all.)

9. The great thing about different courts is that it allowed you to look back at games and immediatley recognize which game that was. I just think it's more fun to look at as well.

There is nothing wrong with that, I just don't think there is anything wrong with this way either.

10. So that's my thoughts...

Now you have mine.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived