Do The Nuggets Wear Their Light Blue Uniforms Anymore?

Rocky Raccoon

every single time I see them on the road they're wearing those navy jerseys. And navy isn't even one of their colors.

With the goofy "Nuggets" cursive font? God, I hate lettering that doesn't match the logo itself (i.e. that stupid "MAVS" green alternate).

every single time I see them on the road they're wearing those navy jerseys. And navy isn't even one of their colors.

With the goofy "Nuggets" cursive font? God, I hate lettering that doesn't match the logo itself (i.e. that stupid "MAVS" green alternate).

yup those are the ones. At least the Mavs only wear the green ones a few times. The Nuggets seem to wear these every road game.

Well last night lakers wore their whites at home vs golden state who wore orange. So both teams wore their alts. As far as I know the Lakers are the only team with a non white home jersey.

It's well documented that the Lakers have a special exemption to wear yellow jerseys at home. All other NBA teams must wear white jerseys at home, unless they're in their alts (and I'm not sure how that is okayed).

The whites are worn on every home Sunday game and, in my humble opinion, are terrible. They have fantastic unique regular home jerseys and take once a week to look like everyone else. I don't get that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

the nuggets most likely wear their navy alternates on national TV just to get more people to buy them. a lot of teams do it, and i still prefer their powder blue jerseys.

As far aw yellow at home the NOK hornets have worn yellow at home a few times this season. i can remember seeing them against houston(red), spurs(black) and lakers a few days ago when kobe scored 50

the nuggets most likely wear their navy alternates on national TV just to get more people to buy them. a lot of teams do it, and i still prefer their powder blue jerseys.

As far aw yellow at home the NOK hornets have worn yellow at home a few times this season. i can remember seeing them against houston(red), spurs(black) and lakers a few days ago when kobe scored 50

Cavs do the same with their navy alts

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

I don't like the recent trend of wearing non-white uniforms at home. I'm a sucker for tradition, so that bugs me.

As for Denver, I didn't like the powder blue jerseys to begin with. The navy is a lot better, but the font doesn't match the logo and that urks me too. I still wish they hadn't switched from the "Mutombo brown jersey" era. Sure they lost a lot games during the period, but they looked nice.

I don't like the recent trend of wearing non-white uniforms at home. I'm a sucker for tradition, so that bugs me.

As for Denver, I didn't like the powder blue jerseys to begin with. The navy is a lot better, but the font doesn't match the logo and that urks me too. I still wish they hadn't switched from the "Mutombo brown jersey" era. Sure they lost a lot games during the period, but they looked nice.

They never wore brown. They wore Navy, Burgundy & Gold (NOT YELLOW). Those were the days, with Mutombo, Rauf, L.Ellis, D.Ellis, Stith, McDyess, I loved them back then and love them now. I want an old LaPhonso jersey, but can't seem to find one. I like their new colors, but I like the Navy used more often on the road than the powder blue.

FYI, The font matches the alternate "DN" logo.

Those Mutombo era jersey were..emmm... bad and boring. Those rainbow ones unfortunately can't escape comments of homosexuality even though they're classics in the eyes of many.The current colors are great and I think were one of the best updates of recent history of any sports team.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

What amazes me is that a ton of people have a raging hard-on for light blue, the Nugs change to that, but rarely wear it.

Well a ton of people really isn't a lot - a dozen or so average weight adults at best, so that's not a very large market and certainly not one that's going to dictate a team's choice of colors.

The Nuggets are just one of those franchises that don't have an easily identifiable identity. I guess the closest they came were the Doug Moe-era rainbow duds in the 80s.

It seemed that the powder blue was just a desparate attempt to get some sort of identity, no matter how forced (wasn't the change in part precipitated by Kiki Vandeweghe's UCLA partisanship?)

• LMU locked this topic

Archived