Washington Capitals Logo (YL's version)

Yankee Legend

I see that a lot of people here think the Caps need a change so here is my idea. Like my Dodgers logo, it's pretty obvious where I got this idea from. Before I talk about this I would like to say that I'm not a graphic designer. I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 and I don't know the program too well. Therefore, the execution on this one is not as important as the idea. I tried to make the eagle on the U.S. Seal look as much like the eagle on the current Capitals logo as possible. Although the red part is an homage to the old capitals look (and to the U.S. colors). If anyone would like to refine this logo or add their own twist on it, they are welcome to do so.

caps_conceptcopy.jpg

C&C please.

Great Idea. I've always thought that if the Caps were going to borrow the colors from the presidential seal, they should have a similarly inspired logo.

A couple critiques:

1. Simplify. Having the full version of the current caps logo as a small part of this logo is a bit too much.

2. Colors. 2 different shades of gold just looks wrong. For further evidence of that, just look at Marc-Andre Fleury. And if you're going to use red, it should be in the shield, which would work in a Blackhawks/Steelers sort of way. Otherwise, it looks really out of place.

3. Try a different slogan. A parody of "In God we trust" probably wouldn't go over too well with the religous crowd.

Archived