Buy your own Stanley Cup

Roger Clemente

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how does 2 feet stack up to the actual size of the real thing?

Currently, the Cup stands at 35-1/4 inches tall and weighs 34-1/2 lbs.

Could you be more precise, Mr. Spock? ;)

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

how does 2 feet stack up to the actual size of the real thing?

Currently, the Cup stands at 35-1/4 inches tall and weighs 34-1/2 lbs.

Could you be more precise, Mr. Spock? ;)

The cup has a displacement of 7.38 cu-ft and... Ahhhhh I'm making this part up..

:hockeysmiley:

I've actually been eyeing that for a while, What material is it made of? Plastic or Metal the catalog does not say. The replicas have been getting bigger and bigger, as soon as a full scale one comes out im getting it!

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

"With names on it, I might consider it. Being blank, it's worthless."

I'd have to agree with EatSleepJeep - $225 is a bit pricey.

Something for the die-hard fan. I like to see all the 'home-made' Stanley Cups when the playoffs get going, it's a pretty cool scene.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

If I ran a rec league I'd be all over one of those, especially if it's metal (which I think it is by the looks)...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

• 2 months later...

Check the website - it is out of stock. There is definatly a market for this baby. I have seen it (and held it) in person and I must say... it is pretty cool. Definatly a must for people in college who like beer and watching hockey... it could probably hold an can, if not an entire bottle of beer of which to be chugged from the cup.

Even though it is plastic... it still has some decent weight and is pretty cool. The box it comes in is most likely the best part of the whole deal... it is made to look like the actual crate and on the back it has a list of all cup winners since 1917 (the year the NHL came into existance). The silver finish does attract finger smudges easily but thats what the gloves and other kinds of cloths are for... cough...

Yes its a little costly but it looks as though people are buying it up fast and I don't think too many remain at the HHOF here in Toronto... If I had $250 CDN to spare, I'd buy it, but at the moment I don't. I am trying to coax my friend into buying it though... lol

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Bah....I've gotten to pick up the real thing.

It's weird, I hear that from a lot of u.s. hockey fans... try that here and they'll shoot you where you stand. I wonder if they 'lax the rules a bit to try to win over a few more down there.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

ive never gotten the chance to see the Cup in person myself, but i would never ever touch it. thats for only the deserving, and sometimes brett hull.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

It's weird, I hear that from a lot of u.s. hockey fans... try that here and they'll shoot you where you stand. I wonder if they 'lax the rules a bit to try to win over a few more down there.

I picked it up in your backyard, in the Hall of Fame.

Having a friend that works there has it's perks....

ive never gotten the chance to see the Cup in person myself, but i would never ever touch it. thats for only the deserving, and sometimes brett hull.

Since I'm never going to win it, I've fondled it in the most inappropriate way, several times.

The-Cup.png

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

What's wrong with picking it up? I thought it was only raising it that isn't allowed unless you win it.

Although I probably wouldn't touch it anyway. I am not worthy. :P

Since I'm never going to win it, I've fondled it in the most inappropriate way, several times.

The-Cup.png

I love your Slovakia jersey. :wub:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I picked it up in your backyard, in the Hall of Fame.

Having a friend that works there has it's perks....

Oh reallllly? Well that's very interesting.

I actually have a buddy who just got a job at the Hall, we'll see where that takes us :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived