Caps to wear red white and blue

Don

I think the scheme could still keep the black and gold aspects, but tone the black way down and put a healthy dose or red in the mix accented with the gold.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say this based on personal opinion, the Capitals current jerseys, especially the black ones, could not possibly be any worse. Everything is wront, the colors, the logo, the font. ANYTHING they do differently next year will be an improvement. One can just hope to god, if they are a Capitals fan anyways, that they don't over do the things with stars and stripes and buildings and sticks and pucks and more buildings and another star on the back and some words on the sleeve......and an eagle maybe...

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

I say this based on personal opinion, the Capitals current jerseys, especially the black ones, could not possibly be any worse. Everything is wront, the colors, the logo, the font. ANYTHING they do differently next year will be an improvement. One can just hope to god, if they are a Capitals fan anyways, that they don't over do the things with stars and stripes and buildings and sticks and pucks and more buildings and another star on the back and some words on the sleeve......and an eagle maybe...

So what exactly is it that you DO want?

I agree with not liking the black jersey. I think the Caps managed to get just about everything wrong with it. However, it certainly could be worse. It could be the old '80s Caps jersey, for example. It could be a Lightning jersey. It could have a Buffaslug on it.

I think it's a matter of distinguishing between failing to make a good jersey (Caps black jersey) and succeeding at making a bad jersey (old CapiLals jerseys, Lighting, Buffaslug). To a fan, the failure to be good can feel like success in being bad, but that's just a lack of perspective from caring so much about the team. I think it's more fair to say that the Caps black jersey is not really, really bad, it's just really, really not good.

Most not-great uniforms are examples of failure to be good rather than successes at being bad. Which is why uniform redesigns are always dangerous, no matter how bad you think the team looks now: The redesign offers another chance for designers to succeed at creating something really hideous.

But fingers crossed until June that the new unis are an improvement, at least over the black jersey.

20082614447.png

I found it neat that the Capitals colours are very much similar to the Wizards. I also think that both their Eagle and Capital building logos are very good.

Unfortunately, that's all for nothing cause the Caps drown it out with their horrible use of Black on their home jersey.

It is nice to see them going back to their old colours. It just fits. But just keep in mind the last NHL team that went back to their old colours last year. I just hope they do it right.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

You and I have vastly vastly vastly different opinions on this stunningly beautiful jersey. I will shed a tear when it goes.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The black jersey is stunningly awful, from the horrid dome logo to the color balance. Ack.

The blue jersey was a work of art, damnit.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't know....I kind of like the black jersey....I don't understand where all the hate is coming from....It looked cool enough for me to buy it, actually.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

i love the black jersey myself but a bit of it could be toned down...like the stars on it, and the numeral font is horribly hard to read. i loved the black jersey so much when it came out, it worked wonderfully as a 3rd jersey, but i think the blue shouldve stayed as the home absolutely. the black jersey woulda been one of the best 3rds in the league had it stayed that way.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

They don't need to change at all. The eagle has one leg because he is shown in profile. The only thing they need to do is get rid of the black jersey and for the sake of consistency between home and roads (the biggest problem I have with the blacks in that they don't match the homes) and perfection in a hockey jersey go back to these.

kolzig.gif

Eliminating them was a huge mistake.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They don't need to change at all. The eagle has one leg because he is shown in profile. The only thing they need to do is get rid of the black jersey and for the sake of consistency between home and roads (the biggest problem I have with the blacks in that they don't match the homes) and perfection in a hockey jersey go back to these.

kolzig.gif

Those jerseys were bad.

kolzig.gif

Those jerseys were bad.

This is one of those situations where beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I really like that jersey. No great reason why, I just like the way it looks.

I agree with not liking the black jersey. I think the Caps managed to get just about everything wrong with it. However, it certainly could be worse. It could be the old '80s Caps jersey, for example. It could be a Lightning jersey. It could have a Buffaslug on it.

I think it's a matter of distinguishing between failing to make a good jersey (Caps black jersey) and succeeding at making a bad jersey (old CapiLals jerseys, Lighting, Buffaslug). To a fan, the failure to be good can feel like success in being bad, but that's just a lack of perspective from caring so much about the team. I think it's more fair to say that the Caps black jersey is not really, really bad, it's just really, really not good.

Most not-great uniforms are examples of failure to be good rather than successes at being bad. Which is why uniform redesigns are always dangerous, no matter how bad you think the team looks now: The redesign offers another chance for designers to succeed at creating something really hideous.

But fingers crossed until June that the new unis are an improvement, at least over the black jersey.

i agree with most of what you are saying here, but what gets me is teams are probably paying designers good money to redesign a uniform and yet especially as of recently almost all the new uniform changes have been awful. aside from the chargers which I like save for a few details that needs work. though i think the owners probably think slap together some piece of crap, we'll market it and the fans will buy it no matter the crap that is put together. i honestly think the owners could give a rats ass on how aesthetically pleasing the uniform is as long as the masses buy all the uniforms. witness the buffaslug, probably the most awful uniform change ever and yet its probably one of the highest selling uniforms in the league.

i don't know how many times i've said this but it comes down to money. The owners do not care about aesthetically pleasing jerseys, they only want a uniform that makes them money. they could careless about tradition or uniforms pleasing to the eye. its all about the bottom line.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Do we suppose that they are finally going to break out those Hilfiger-designed uniforms from a few years ago? Those were red/white/blue if I remember correctly.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

i agree with most of what you are saying here, but what gets me is teams are probably paying designers good money to redesign a uniform and yet especially as of recently almost all the new uniform changes have been awful. aside from the chargers which I like save for a few details that needs work. though i think the owners probably think slap together some piece of crap, we'll market it and the fans will buy it no matter the crap that is put together. i honestly think the owners could give a rats ass on how aesthetically pleasing the uniform is as long as the masses buy all the uniforms. witness the buffaslug, probably the most awful uniform change ever and yet its probably one of the highest selling uniforms in the league.

i don't know how many times i've said this but it comes down to money. The owners do not care about aesthetically pleasing jerseys, they only want a uniform that makes them money. they could careless about tradition or uniforms pleasing to the eye. its all about the bottom line.

True, the Buffaslug looks good on that jersey but it doesn't change the fact that it's a horrible logo. It looks weird, it has no legs, no facial expression, etc. It's the same story with the Mooterus; Nice Jersey, God-Awful logo. As for the Ducks, I'm starting to like their package, it's at least not bad. But I just can't stop wondering how would a dark green look instead of black. The way things are going, the aesthetics for the upcomming caps jersey are in limbo.

Also it's sad to know that the Sabres will win the cup with that logo. That means it will be around for a very very very long time.

I found it neat that the Capitals colours are very much similar to the Wizards. I also think that both their Eagle and Capital building logos are very good.

IIRC, the Wizards and Capitals use the same colo(u)rs because they were both owned by Abe Pollin and he wanted to do something to tie them together. A few years back Ted Leonsis took over majority ownership of the team but I believe Pollin still have some stake in the team, which I guess begs to ask the question: If the Capitals are getting new uniforms, will the Wizards be as well? (If someone already mentioned this tidbit, I apologize, I've kinda just been skimming this thread.)

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

IIRC, the Wizards and Capitals use the same colo(u)rs because they were both owned by Abe Pollin and he wanted to do something to tie them together. A few years back Ted Leonsis took over majority ownership of the team but I believe Pollin still have some stake in the team, which I guess begs to ask the question: If the Capitals are getting new uniforms, will the Wizards be as well? (If someone already mentioned this tidbit, I apologize, I've kinda just been skimming this thread.)

I think you answered your own question here. The Wizards and Capitals organizations used to be both house under Washington Sports & Entertainment, and shared offices near MCI (Now Verizon) Center. But that relationship is no over.

The teams organizational structures are no completely separate from one another. So changes from one organization will not affect the other.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

kolzig.gif

Agreed. I loved the blue. They almost won the Cup in those.

Archived