Caps to wear red white and blue

Don

Ted Leonsis has said that he wants to own the Wizards one day, maybe then they will match the Caps again...but who knows if he wants them that closely associated.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd be better off saying "went to the finals" then "almost won the cup"

As a Canucks' fan, getting swept by the Isles in '82 is "went to the finals" taking the Rangers to seven games in 94 is "almost won the cup"

That said, I liked the blue jersey with the eagle better than the black jersey with the dome.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a hint of what was originally mentioned in this thread about the new Washington Capitals uniforms.

As seen on the official team web site about their draft day festivities, there's an image that teases the fans

on what the base color of home jersey (or road one if the NHL is going back to white at home) will be.

It apparently will be red and the unveiling is on June 22nd.

How many friggin' teams are wearing red these days? We'll just have to see about what the Capitals unveil.

The image below is courtesy of the Washington Capitals official web site.

Washington Capitals official news release (May 21):

Draft Day Party passes sold out

2007may21001sk6.jpg

You'd be better off saying "went to the finals" then "almost won the cup"

As a Canucks' fan, getting swept by the Isles in '82 is "went to the finals" taking the Rangers to seven games in 94 is "almost won the cup"

That said, I liked the blue jersey with the eagle better than the black jersey with the dome.

Why did the Caps get rid of the blue jersey with the eagle? That was a unique jersey and much better than the oh-so-typical "intimidating" black jersey.

Sorry, but the Capitol Dome doesn't exactly intimidate me...unless I haven't been paying my taxes.

:D

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Why did the Caps get rid of the blue jersey with the eagle? That was a unique jersey and much better than the oh-so-typical "intimidating" black jersey.

Sorry, but the Capitol Dome doesn't exactly intimidate me...unless I haven't been paying my taxes.

The change of emphasis from blue / eagle to black / dome pretty much coincided the the sale of the team to Ted Leonsis in May 2000.

The black jersey was introduced as an alternate in the 1997-98 season and became the full-time (then) road jersey in Oct. 2000. The dome also started getting more prominent play instead of the eagle on team stationery, press guides and at center ice.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Agreed. I loved the blue. They almost won the Cup in those.

Getting swept in the Stanley Cup Finals is not "almost winning the Cup."

Good lord. Ok. How about, came within four games, closer than they've ever come before and after. Sheesh.

Our finest moment.

the Caps introduced Nicklas Backstrom today and he held up the old jersey, what a shame they couldnt get it unveiled in time for his signing. got pictures of a brand new shiny center holding a jersey he'll never wear.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

How many friggin' teams are wearing red these days?

I dunno, but I'm still pissed that Chicago and Florida ditched their reds for those awful black ... things.

Florida wears blue, not black.

The Blackhawks home jerseys are red and their alternates are black. They wear the red a lot more than the black. And you can't blame a team for having a black alt if their name is the Blackhawks.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Billy B @ Monday, May 21st, 2007 - 21:57:29) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I dunno, but I'm still pissed that Chicago and Florida ditched their reds for those awful black ... things.

The Blackhawks home jerseys are red and their alternates are black. They wear the red a lot more than the black. And you can't blame a team for having a black alt if their name is the Blackhawks.

I'd hate to think what kind of alts they'd wear if they were named for the Black Hawk tribe. Brrr!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Monday, May 21st, 2007 - 22:57:29)

I thought I read that they had made the blacks the home jerseys and the reds were now the alts? Dunno, it just seems that every time I see them on TV they're in black...perception I guess. And I don't blame them, I just really prefer the classic red jerseys. There's just something about them...

No, as of right now the red jersey is still the home jersey for the Chicago Blackhawks.

And by the way, as many would agree (but not all), the Blackhawks have the best-looking jersey in the NHL.

I am very curious to see what the new Capitals logo and jerseys will look like.

Anything better than that black one is an improvement.

Their current "eagle" crest logo is definitely a nice one in comparison to that secondary-turned-primary on their home black.

If the Capitals didn't have the Capitol Building logo on the shoulders, it would be even better. It's not a bad logo if the puck,

hockey sticks and stars were taken away though.

No, as of right now the red jersey is still the home jersey for the Chicago Blackhawks.

And by the way, as many would agree (but not all), the Blackhawks have the best-looking jersey in the NHL.

I totally agree. I'm just not down with the black.

Really? I guess I need to get a new TV then 'cause it always looked black to me.

Its like how the Yankees blue looks black. The Panthers don't have black in their color scheme. When their red jerseys were their road jerseys, the shoulders were the same color blue.

if i found one leaked i sure as hell wouldnt post it here.

Archived