potential turkey day throwbacks

Krona

it seems like the NFL has no intention of pursuing the thanksgiving tradition throwbacks, but they did announce the schedule. joining the cowboys and lions will be the packers, jets, colts, and falcons. i'd be thrilled to see those teams suit up in old unis. discuss.....

Cowboys - the ones with the gianormous stars(maybe that's what distracted the Pro Bowl voters) on the shoulders

Lions - Blue jersey and the very gray pants

Packers - The ones they wore when Lombardi was there, wasn't Brett Favre the QB then, too?

Jets - The Joe Namath days, meanwhile since the mention of him he has just looked me in the eyes and said, "I want to kiss you"

Falcons - They will ruin the day in one of two ways, 1. wearing their current unis. 2. wearing the "Chris Chandler Era(yes he has an era)" jerseys

Colts - What can they change, the stripes on the pants?

They can go with the jerseys they wore against the Lions in 2004 (which looked like a 49ers jersey with blue trim instead of red) combined with the helmet with the horseshoes on the back.

Cowboys - the ones with the gianormous stars(maybe that's what distracted the Pro Bowl voters) on the shoulders

God NO! The throwbacks are fine, the damn "double star" should have never seen the light of day. You do realize Jerry Jones' daughter designed those freaky uniforms. Enough said.

I think the NFL needs to embrace the retro feel of Thanksgiving like they used to. Not only does it give the day a 'special' look, it also can't do anything but help retro merchandise sales. Win win I say.

As far as the looks go....

COWBOYS - current throwback, maybe a white version if the league allows.

JETS - maybe the ugly Esiason era uni, the Namath one is too close to the current.

LIONS - the bobby-socks, no-logo look (posted above). Never the black alt :censored: again!

PACKERS - I'd go with the look they sported during the 75th anniversary games.

FALCONS - Bartkowski era. RED baby!

COLTS - what they wore a few years ago with the mini horseshoes on the back of the helmet.

newsig.jpg

God NO! The throwbacks are fine, the damn "double star" should have never seen the light of day. You do realize Jerry Jones' daughter designed those freaky uniforms. Enough said.

I think the NFL needs to embrace the retro feel of Thanksgiving like they used to. Not only does it give the day a 'special' look, it also can't do anything but help retro merchandise sales. Win win I say.

As far as the looks go....

COWBOYS - current throwback, maybe a white version if the league allows.

JETS - maybe the ugly Esiason era uni, the Namath one is too close to the current.

LIONS - the bobby-socks, no-logo look (posted above). Never the black alt :censored: again!

PACKERS - I'd go with the look they sported during the 75th anniversary games.

FALCONS - Bartkowski era. RED baby!

COLTS - what they wore a few years ago with the mini horseshoes on the back of the helmet.

Are we talking about the ones they wore back in 1993 (for what reason I can't remember) and also wore a few years for Thanksgiving, specifically against the Broncos in 2001?

If so, those are my favorite Cowboys uniforms, I always have loved those, even though I totally hate the team.

lionsatline.jpg

Love the Lions in those unis.

I think I'm in heaven.

As for the Jets, NY Titans unis would be killer. Even the 1980s unis would work. :wacko:

There was an article a few weeks back that mentioned that the Jets wear going to wear Titans jerseys for a game this season, although it was assumed to be a home game. My only issue is for the rare occurence of the Jets playing on Turkey day I'd really like to see them in green.

2002combine_Wayne_Chrebet.jpg

mets.png

lionsatline.jpg

Love the Lions in those unis.

I think I'm in heaven.

As for the Jets, NY Titans unis would be killer. Even the 1980s unis would work. :wacko:

There was an article a few weeks back that mentioned that the Jets wear going to wear Titans jerseys for a game this season, although it was assumed to be a home game. My only issue is for the rare occurence of the Jets playing on Turkey day I'd really like to see them in green.

2002combine_Wayne_Chrebet.jpg

I want to see the jets in the Al Toon, Wesley Walker era uni's. no black trim...just the green and white. and I can think back to the day of Ken O'Brien lighting up the Dolphins

When they do throwback, they should pick a year and all the teams should wear that year's uniform. Since all the teams selected for this year's Turkey Day were around in the 60's, my vote would be for the year the Jets wore those ludicrous "jet plane on the helmet" uniforms, or maybe a Titans year.

Well, since you ask, I'd like to see the Colts go back to the striped socks full-time. If they're going to sport grey facemasks, they should at least have traditional socks as well.

In my book, this--

2006_0115_pit_705_machta.jpg

is better than this--

2007_0121_ne_0894_macht.jpg

Back to the topic--I agree with anyone who said the Packers should wear these:

sb1starr.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

while the titans unis for the jets should be sweet, i think you need to go with the ken o'brien days. no black trim though definitely, which they added in the late 90s before they went back to the current ones in 98. the green helmets need to be dusted off!!

sig2024.png

Archived