potential turkey day throwbacks

Krona

lionsatline.jpg

Love the Lions in those unis.

I think I'm in heaven.

As for the Jets, NY Titans unis would be killer. Even the 1980s unis would work. :wacko:

There was an article a few weeks back that mentioned that the Jets wear going to wear Titans jerseys for a game this season, although it was assumed to be a home game. My only issue is for the rare occurence of the Jets playing on Turkey day I'd really like to see them in green.

Yeah, but the 'boys will be wearing their blue throwbacks likely. So the Jets will be in white. If they have a Titans throwback at home at some point, that's their 3 unis, and they'll just wear their regular whites at Dallas, which is a throwback already. Since the NFL killed the throwback thanksgiving thing and all.

Colts - What can they change, the stripes on the pants?

Well, since you ask, I'd like to see the Colts go back to the striped socks full-time. If they're going to sport grey facemasks, they should at least have traditional socks as well.

In my book, this--

2006_0115_pit_705_machta.jpg

is better than this--

2007_0121_ne_0894_macht.jpg

I agree, but I doubt it will happen. Athletes are are very superstitious, and as it stands now striped socks=Payton Manning-playoff choke artist while solid socks=Super Bowl Champions.

keeping with the NFL going back to the "Thanksgiving Classics" theme... I've always thought the entire league should wear throwbacks that weekend after turkey day... would stretch the theme another three days.. not to mention tons of sales for each organization...

I forgot that the Cowboys throwbacks were blue. The Jets would look pretty good in these for a day I think:

ken_obrien.jpg

You know I kinda miss these unis just enough to want them back again....except without the stupid black accent coloring.

Here's my idea:

COWBOYS - Definitely the double star unis they've been wearing on occasion since 2004.

JETS - The Ken O'Brien era unis.

LIONS - The classic Bobby Layne-era unis.

PACKERS - Either the throwbacks from 1994 or the ones from Thanksgiving Day from 2001.

FALCONS - Unis from the 1980s.

COLTS - The same unis they wore on Thanksgiving Day 2004.

YOZXkBG.png?1

PACKERS - Either the throwbacks from 1994 or the ones from Thanksgiving Day from 2001.

I would be thrilled with either. Just so long as they make them available at the Packer Pro Shop. :D

They could also go with something like the 1936 uniforms (you have to imagine this in green and gold):

wheaties.jpg

• LMU locked this topic

Archived