Prattville (AL) Lions receive 2006 Class 6A Football Championship rings.

sacker12

I have been looking forward to seeing these for so long. If only I won one of these when I was there. Oh well, I'm still going to be getting my Sun Belt Championship ring here at Troy real soon. I know that Middle Tennessee received their "championship" rings awhile back. Coincedentally, they look pretty similar to the Prattville ring design wise. Any way, here are the photos.

phschampringfront.jpg

phschampringside1.jpg

phschampringside2.jpg

Link to story:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/apps/p.../NEWS/703190313

Is it normal for high school athletes to get championship rings? And why in the world did they need 180 of them?

Not sure as to the answer to that second question other than to state that the cheerleaders tend to jangle when they jump up and down.

Is it normal for high school athletes to get championship rings? And why in the world did they need 180 of them?

It is standard practice for high school players to get championship rings. However, most of them have to buy their own rings due to the high price of rings and the limited budgets of most high school athletic programs. However, they do raise funds for them by asking for donations from the public, asking businesses for donations, and fundraising by the team's booster club. This helps keep the players and others from paying full price for the rings.

I'm hoping that sometime next week I'll be able to post some pics of my new Sun Belt Conference championship ring. We hope that they will be in sometime next week, but Balfour hasn't given us a specific time, so we'll just have to wait and see.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived