Race for the Presidents Trophy

Gary

I think this year is one of the greatest years I have seen when it comes to teams chasing for the Presidents Trophy, right now Buffalo, Nashville and Detroit are tied at 103 points each and Anaheim right behind with 100 and with 2 weeks until the playoffs who knows who will win the Presidents Trophy. Tonight we will see Nashville and Detroit in action and all I can say is go Wings.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the Presidents' Trophy? Yeah, the race for who gets jinxed in the playoffs. No team that has won the Presidents' Trophy has won the Stanley Cup since Colorado in 2001.

yeah I was thinking Stanley Cup and Cup was stuck in the head <_< . But actually the Redwings were the last Presidents Trophy Champions in 2002 to win the Stanley Cup when they defeated the Carolina Hurricanes. Also the Wings have won the last 3 out of 4 Presidents Trophy and the last 2 playoff appearances they have been ousted in the first and second round. Hopefully they win the Trophy and win the Cup this year.

LETS GO REDWINGS

But actually the Redwings were the last Presidents Trophy Champions in 2002 to win the Stanley Cup when they defeated the Carolina Hurricanes.

I stand corrected.

The Redwings defeated the Predators and moved back into a tie for first place for the Central Division, also tied them for the first in the Presidents Trophy also with Buffalo all tied with 105 points a piece. Going to be fun in the last week of the season

BUFF-A-LO

If Buffalo gets one more win, regardless if Detroit wins or not, they get the trophy because they have the tie breaker.

Let's hope then enjoy that trophy then. Cause they ain't wnning the cup.

untitled-6.jpg

BUFF-A-LO

If Buffalo gets one more win, regardless if Detroit wins or not, they get the trophy because they have the tie breaker.

Couldnt have said it any better myself

Cause Philly and Toronto have a better chance at it.

saBS.png

BUFF-A-LO

well even if you guys do make it you do have a little opponent called... NASHVILLE

oBIgzrL.png

BUFF-A-LO

well even if you guys do make it you do have a little opponent called... NASHVILLE

Oh...I know we aren't assured a cup, but they have a good chance at it. I was just saying that Philly (0% chance) and Toronto (.01% chance) have a very minute chance at it.

And Nashville does look scary, but I am most scared of the Devils. Brodeur could get hot and kill us.

saBS.png

BUFF-A-LO

I didn't say that did I? Just cause I say Buffalo's not winning don't assume that means I'm saying the Leafs are going to win.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived