New Uni Watch

McCall

I love how he notices, as do most people on this board, the minor things, like how the Royals are going to a blue and gold MLB logo rather than blue and silver. My biggest pet peeve about my Buccos is that they use a black and red MLB logo rather than Black and Gold. It would make an already great cap that much better.

Interesting work as always, but I'd really like to see more pictures of Jose Cruz, Jr.'s socks.

:upside:

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This patch is really, really nice.

devil_ray10-lg.jpg

However, I'm not too fond of this one:

allstar2007-lg.jpg

The idea's kinda cool, but the design as a whole is just kind of bland.

Oh, and Jose Cruz Jr's stirrups are a thing of beauty. I was always just a high socks kinda guy, but stirrups are sweet.

Lukas also has a small, bottom of the page bit in the April GQ which discusses the D'backs red-dominated color change, the Reds' drastic reduction of black and re-institution of red as the dominant color and the introduction of red vests to the Pirates' wardrobe.

I agree, Mockba. Everyone loves the TB patch, though I suspect that if it was produced by some anonymous artist, there would be a lot less love for it. For my money, the Seattle patch is the cream of this year's crop. Radom does some magnificent work (Angels, Germanic Brewers, Nat's, etc.), but I don't see much redeeming in the TB10 patch. I question whether Lukas or a few others can look at his work with an objective eye sometimes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love how he notices, as do most people on this board, the minor things, like how the Royals are going to a blue and gold MLB logo rather than blue and silver. My biggest pet peeve about my Buccos is that they use a black and red MLB logo rather than Black and Gold. It would make an already great cap that much better.

why gold though? are they using gold in the uni's somewhere else?

i think all teams should have "custom" MLB logos, that match the teams color scheme.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

why gold though? are they using gold in the uni's somewhere else?

i think all teams should have "custom" MLB logos, that match the teams color scheme.

My guess would be that gold=sign of royalty=KC Royals???

saBS.png

I really like the part about the stirrups. Stirrups need to make a comeback in baseball.

The epitome of what a baseball player should look like -- the man who wore a baseball uniform better than anyone else -- was Mickey Mantle. Major League Baseball should hand out photos of Mantle, such as the following, and say, "This is the way you should wear your uniform."

Mantle

I don't get the stirrup thing. Stirrups were supposed to simulate colored socks, which were unsafe at the time. They were originally cut so low you could barely tell they were stirrups. I think it is more traditional to wear high-colored socks than stirrups, as the stirrup look that Lukas <3's is a bastardization of the intended look.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived