New Uni Watch

McCall

That might have been the original intention, but the stirrup style became its own end a long time ago.

Yeah, I have to agree. Endless numbers of former Little Leaguers grew up trying to wear their stirrups just like their favorite pro players. Just like I did. I've always thought it was a shame that the tradition has seemed to wane in recent years.

I love how he notices, as do most people on this board, the minor things, like how the Royals are going to a blue and gold MLB logo rather than blue and silver. My biggest pet peeve about my Buccos is that they use a black and red MLB logo rather than Black and Gold. It would make an already great cap that much better.

Well, red is in our color scheme and I can't wait until the first Friday night home game /sarcasm

Ditch the red already and I agree about the logo too. You need to put a yellow rag on the Pirate head, get a black jersey/current font/yellow digits/white outline and the cap according. Heck you can do a yellow one reverse of that...and while I'm at it, send the yellow back to the Pens.

I don't get the stirrup thing. Stirrups were supposed to simulate colored socks, which were unsafe at the time. They were originally cut so low you could barely tell they were stirrups. I think it is more traditional to wear high-colored socks than stirrups, as the stirrup look that Lukas <3's is a bastardization of the intended look.

I'm going to have to agree with you...especially as a guy who sports high colored socks and hates stirrups, their look, and feel.

KISSwall09.jpg

Stirrups are cool with the right uniform. I don't think they look right with today's baggy style of unis. However, if players went back to the Rickey Henderson, Chuck Carr, Devon White tighter fitting pants and jerseys...stirrups would look awesome!

henerson_new.jpg

Rj3InCAO.jpg

wpefl13.jpg

1550570101.jpg

0427_large.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

wpefl13.jpg

Man I miss that set...now that black done took over.

(Especially sad, since the teal is on it's way out, if you believe the rumors...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not "baggy" per se, but I think the elastic is let out at the bottom of the legs more and more. I'd like a manager or owner to mandate high socks for the whole team, preferably the Cubs, whose high-socked players always look great, if only aesthetically.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived