Special Delivery! (Nah--for real..this one really is SPECIAL!)

tBBP

The template looks great Bucco, as does the concept. One thing though, and I could be wrong, but the numbers don't seem to be distorted just right. It seems his one shoulder is only a little bit lower than the other, but the numbers seem to be angled down a lot more, but then again that might just be me. The homes and aways look pretty much perfect. The blue socks might look good with the stripes too, but I am sure you probably tried that, and it might look worse. The alternate isn't bad, but it's not nearly as good as the homes and aways. I am not a fan of the sock being a different color than the jersey with colored jerseys, but I am guessing you did it to balance the blue out. I think it might look good with white numbers and red socks, but then it would lack the blue, which IS the primary color.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The template just doesn't work on so many levels. The legs and arms are way out proportion and it looks like the player has some sort of disabilty or deformity. I guess it's ok for your own personal desktop or to tape pictures of your work up on your bedroom wall, but it has no functional use when it comes to the real purpose of a template for this kind of work.

Keep working at it if you have a lot of spare time and good luck.

At least it looks like what it sets out to be. At least it isn't a farting football that's supposed to be a musical note.

And speaking of spare time, Tom, why don't you stop wasting it here and actually make some decent logos? People may actually take you seriously. (And maybe pigs will fly too. Who knows?)

Bucco, I've not commented on your series, but I think this template makes the concepts pop. It gives life to artwork, and I commend you for thinking outside the box.

philly.png

The template looks great Bucco, as does the concept. One thing though, and I could be wrong, but the numbers don't seem to be distorted just right.

I was thinking the same thing, and that's really my only knock on the new template. That, and we don't get to see the backs of the jerseys, but it's unique, it's well-done, and it's the closest thing you're going to get to a dynamic 2-D image without animating a loop of film. So good on ya for that.

As for the concept, I'm all for the primaries, but the red 3rd doesn't work for me. (And no, it's not because the British wore red coats... I know somebody's waiting to throw that nugget in there for no good reason!) On the blue (home) primary, the numbers are white, so there isn't too much interplay between two strong primary colors. But with blue numbers on a red background, the effect is rough on the eye. Maybe white numbers would work.

And count me as another one of the people expecting an Oxford blue alternate. It would've been in keeping with your tradition of making a uniform that parallels what the delivery people actually wear. I'm a little shocked - I was expecting the Panama Jack hat, navy shorts and long navy socks! :P

Strong as always, B...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The template looks great Bucco, as does the concept. One thing though, and I could be wrong, but the numbers don't seem to be distorted just right.

I was thinking the same thing, and that's really my only knock on the new template. That, and we don't get to see the backs of the jerseys, but it's unique, it's well-done, and it's the closest thing you're going to get to a dynamic 2-D image without animating a loop of film. So good on ya for that.

As for the concept, I'm all for the primaries, but the red 3rd doesn't work for me. (And no, it's not because the British wore red coats... I know somebody's waiting to throw that nugget in there for no good reason!) On the blue (home) primary, the numbers are white, so there isn't too much interplay between two strong primary colors. But with blue numbers on a red background, the effect is rough on the eye. Maybe white numbers would work.

And count me as another one of the people expecting an Oxford blue alternate. It would've been in keeping with your tradition of making a uniform that parallels what the delivery people actually wear. I'm a little shocked - I was expecting the Panama Jack hat, navy shorts and long navy socks! :P

Strong as always, B...

Two steps ahead of you, D--I've been scouring through decent photos I can use to replicate a nice back view. Whether or not I actually incorporate that or not is another story, due to space limitations. But hey, I'm pretty sure I can work it out somewhere down the line.

The template looks great Bucco, as does the concept. One thing though, and I could be wrong, but the numbers don't seem to be distorted just right. It seems his one shoulder is only a little bit lower than the other, but the numbers seem to be angled down a lot more, but then again that might just be me. The homes and aways look pretty much perfect. The blue socks might look good with the stripes too, but I am sure you probably tried that, and it might look worse. The alternate isn't bad, but it's not nearly as good as the homes and aways. I am not a fan of the sock being a different color than the jersey with colored jerseys, but I am guessing you did it to balance the blue out. I think it might look good with white numbers and red socks, but then it would lack the blue, which IS the primary color.

No, you ain't wrong--they're not exactly right. And until I can master this thing called fish-eyeing and warping in Illustrator, they'll be a lil' "off". (I'm still working on that part--it took a good amount of arcing, arcHing and fisheye-ing just to get them to look like that--and then I gotta go and do all that for the reverse side. It's a lot of work, but, again--the name of my new game is "forward-thinking", and all that comes with that i.e. pushing myself further and being more intensely creative.

Oxford blue concept to come shortly...for those who wanted to see it. In the meantime, feel free to tos your guesses at the next "carrier" to show up in here....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

My guess for the next carrier is Airborne.

BTW, I'll get a chuckle out of BAX Global if you happen to do them. Spent 5 years there when it was known as Burlington Northern Air Freight. Yep, the railroad had an air cargo subsidiary. Their slogan played on the fact that the company did not fly its own aircraft (cargo moved via scheduled airlines) - "People, not planes, deliver." I always thought the BN logo was pretty cool:

bnr2.gif

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

SCHelmet, you're losing your mind. I think the alternate home jersey looks lighter because of the blue pants.

You know, now that I look at it really good, he may be right. Imma have to go back and check that.

Whew...glad you agreed cause either I needed to get a monitor upgrade or take a trip to LensCrafters.

SCHelmet, you're losing your mind. I think the alternate home jersey looks lighter because of the blue pants.

You know, now that I look at it really good, he may be right. Imma have to go back and check that.

Whew...glad you agreed cause either I needed to get a monitor upgrade or take a trip to LensCrafters.

I don't think your eyes is THAT bad kin. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

bucco_B, are you kidding me? This template is off the hook!!! How did I miss this? I think you found the perfect picture, it shows a helmet logo and the stripes, it shows jersey numbers and sleeve stripes, and it shows the pant stripes all in one view. If you are looking to do a back view, try flipping the image and just trying to imagine what the back would look like in the same outline--you can do it.

Awesome, just freaking awesome.

Axl

CLHEL2.png

e template just doesn't work on so many levels. The legs and arms are way out proportion and it looks like the player has some sort of disabilty or deformity. I guess it's ok for your own personal desktop or to tape pictures of your work up on your bedroom wall, but it has no functional use when it comes to the real purpose of a template for this kind of work.

Keep working at it if you have a lot of spare time and good luck.

WTF? On what levels does this not work? This graphic is directly from the picture and is a great graphic interpretation. The "disability or deformity' is what is called foreshortening and it is dead on. Fuctional use? If I had to present a proposal to a team for uniform design, I would beg for this template. Sorry for the rant, I respect your opinion and everyone sees things differently, but I don't like vague c & c.

edit: sorry I haven't figured out the quote function yet--AXL

CLHEL2.png

Bucco, I think I've said it before, but it needs saying again.... as much as I enjoy seeing your concepts, I think I like reading the posts that accompany them even more. No one here puts as much effort into explaining a concept as you do, and few put as much thought into their work.

Very well done in this case as well. I like the new template... even though it's an action shot, it does a great job of displaying all of the key elements of the design.

Three thumbs up!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

bucco_B, are you kidding me? This template is off the hook!!! How did I miss this? I think you found the perfect picture, it shows a helmet logo and the stripes, it shows jersey numbers and sleeve stripes, and it shows the pant stripes all in one view. If you are looking to do a back view, try flipping the image and just trying to imagine what the back would look like in the same outline--you can do it.

Awesome, just freaking awesome.

Axl

And you wanna know what's better? I googled "NFL wide receiver" under advanced image search for large images...TGJR7's was the SECOND pic to come up! How's that for luck?

Now the one I'm working on for back views is damn near in the same position, only the receiver's reaching up for the ball. And, just like the one I found, you can get a good look at the helmet, logo, sleeve and pants striping, all in one shot.

Hell...I might jsut do a whole concept series on action templates, if the masses want them. (But THAT, my friends, will take time...)

I sho' do appreciate your comments/compliments, you and wintersinbuffalo (and everyone else, too). Seems that my depth, as you put it, has inspired at least one other cat on here on the same level (what's good, E.AR.!)...and that ain't a bad thing, neitha! :D

Think Imma trick y'all up on the next one to debut, as soon as I can get it finished...

Archived