Oakland A's Uniform Set

blackbeard's delight

Just passing the time at work and thought I'd throw together a new set for the A's. And yes, I know the numbers on the front & back don't match...I just like the Red Sox number font and couldn't resize it smaller without it looking crappy. Anyone have any thoughts?

435568728_a7717336c5_b.jpg

I like the general design you have here, my only beef is that I don't see an MLB franchise ever going with pullover jerseys ever again. If there is any way you could make these exact jerseys into a full button down option, that would be the best idea.

I've never seen the need for two caps in the A's' set. I don't think the road caps really fit in or add anything to the package.

Also...

I'd think about using the "A's" monogram on the primary home jersey (with or without a number on the other chest), keeping the road as-is, using the "Oakland" script on the green (make it a road alt.), and use the "Athletics" script on the yellow (make it a home alt.)

Just a thought.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd also stick to one number font for both the front and back.

I agree, but going with mismatched fonts worked for the A's in the '70s, so at least they have a historical precedent on their side.

A real '80s A's jersey would bring back the lighter green, and those super-thick sleeve edge stripes - green/gold/green/gold/green. My Tony Armas baseball card thanks you for considering this. ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Made some changes...Modified colors to the brighter shades of green & yellow. Made change to home whites as suggested. Added a second yellow jersey with the elephant logo. Added a black jersey as well.

439074202_bffd37e502_b.jpg

Might wanna get rid of that black one before the ABC come up in here and flame you... :D

(ABC=Anti-Black Coalition...)

All that aside, I can live with these. And, in my humble opinion, if ANY TEAM in the majors can make the pullover jerseys work in the MLB, it'd be the Oakland Athletics. For some reason I ain't too keen of the chest number on the white, but aside fom that, I see nothing wrong with thes set at all. Not a nann nothing--except for that one set over there to the far right...the colors look cool and all, but I don't think the A's need to revive that jersey again.

All in all, 9 out of 10.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Lookin' good. The black looks good on its own, but stands out like a sore thumb within the context of the whole package. Ditch it. Also ditch the elephant jersey. IMHO, mascots suck as primary marks on game jerseys. They make the jerseys look like cheap "fashion" jerseys.

The buttons look a'ight, but if you really want to try something, go with the zipper. Can't beat a zipper-front jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really like these a lot, especially the striping on the sleeves and pants. I also like the pants-jersey combinations because the A's seem to be a fan of switching around. I like the green with white, because I was at the A's-Angels game the other night and I saw the A's wearing this: Green jerseys with grey pants.

Anyways, i didn't like that combo, and I like the jerseys you have created. Nice Job.

Archived