Mens Final Four Court

Wings In Stripes

Saw a picture in the paper today of the baseline of the court in the Georgia Dome that will be used for this weekends Final Four.

For a while now the final four logo has been in the Corner with Final stacked on top of Four:

Like this from 2002

atlantaff.jpg

Now they have stretched Final Four across the baseline:

bilde.jpg

Also it seems as if we have another two-toned court.

I like it better the old way.

This isn't that new a concept. The center placement of the Final Four wordmark appeared in that location in 1999. The 1999 court was really the beginning of a new wave of courts that were less formulaic than prior years and a lot more creative. I'm anxious to see what the rest of the court looks like in the coming days.

I haven't picked up a peach in about 5 years or so but I don't remember there being teal or aqua on a peach. I'll look again when I go to Stop & Shop ^_^

You need to get your eyes adjusted, or at least your monitor. That's clearly green and peach, not teal/aqua and orange.

Awesome. After seeing the women's final four court in Cleveland I thought we could expect to see a giant peach stained in a different color on the floor. Glad that didn't happen cuase this court is really cool.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Found this great link while at the website of Connor Sport Court. Now we can finally see the court in all its two-toned glory.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f.../timelapse.html

You may need to register, but I was able to get in a couple of times without one so you never know.

Heh...you can tell where the installers messed up by placing the "NCAA" side of the court on the wrong side, before they placed it correctly...

• LMU locked this topic

Archived