Hockey Attendance Figures, 2006-07

Mac the Knife

bumping this up, but I do love talking about North vs South around here...About the Glendale/Phoenix market and the Phoenix Coyotes. The fanbase around here is actually from young children to early 20 somethings, my point is there is a growing fan base around here that revolves around the younger crowd. I have been to many Coyotes games this year and the majority of them are young, I think in the next five years you will see this blossom. There are hockey teams popping up that I have never seen in the past five years and for the first time in 2009 the AIA(which is the Arizona High School governing board) will actually hold the first "official" State Championship.

I actually think that Phoenix is growing in interest, I think we need to start winning to bring in the older crowd, but right now I actually see interest with the young ones

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bumping this up, but I do love talking about North vs South around here...About the Glendale/Phoenix market and the Phoenix Coyotes. The fanbase around here is actually from young children to early 20 somethings, my point is there is a growing fan base around here that revolves around the younger crowd. I have been to many Coyotes games this year and the majority of them are young, I think in the next five years you will see this blossom. There are hockey teams popping up that I have never seen in the past five years and for the first time in 2009 the AIA(which is the Arizona High School governing board) will actually hold the first "official" State Championship.

I actually think that Phoenix is growing in interest, I think we need to start winning to bring in the older crowd, but right now I actually see interest with the young ones

You are right on the money there. A good friend of mine has season tickets in the 3rd row and at the start of the season I would go to about a game every other week. However as the losses pilled up the number of games we drove out their to see went WAAAAY down. I love the Coyotes but when its a Thursday with no class on Friday, and the option is driving 30 minutes to see a statistically favorable lose or stay home and watch it on TV and polish of a few drinks, the choice isnt that hard. The Coyotes really need to do something, and fast. I don't even need a playoff run at this point, I need some exciting players that actually seem to care about winning.

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived